Thread: Homefront

Default Homefront

Homefront: I picked that game up off a friend cheap recently and GOD, is it scary. Imagine this if you will, a US occupied by a ruthless force, a US without the freedoms we hold dear and you are playing as a member of the resistance movement. It's creepy to me because a few years ago I had a dream about living in occupied America in which the US had fallen to China somehow.

In the game... you're fighting the Koreans, and those who are a part of the occupation forces. It's rather quite creepy to me.

All in all, it's one HELL of a game. Tough as hell at some points, but I am enjoying it. I love a good war-based shooter and not some of those fantasy-based ones. I guess that's why I'm big in Call of Duty, Bad Company, and now Homefront.

WildThing121675

Been tempted to pick it up cheap - how does it compare to COD etc.? Better or worse story/AI/graphics/guns?

I think it's comparable so far to COD, so far. I have yet to beat the third chapter, cause I only had time to play the first two yesterday and today I can't play until after I get home from a wedding I am going to tonight.

It can be tougher when you have the sentry towers and those fuckers are hard to bring down sometimes.

WildThing121675

alu

its not chinese people the korean's take over america ,online is much better than cod, ai is decent ,graphic are good compared to black ops ,all guns are quite powerfull ,snipers are ballence (2 shot kills) , a very nice game over all

Quote Originally Posted by alu View Post
    its not chinese people the korean's take over america ,online is much better than cod, ai is decent ,graphic are good compared to black ops ,all guns are quite powerfull ,snipers are ballence (2 shot kills) , a very nice game over all
    I disagree with you I think they failed at online, the concept was good. Every-time I play online all people do it snipe from the edge of the map.

alu- read, please- I said KOREAN. When I was referring to China I was referring to a dream I had at one point. Anyway, once I figure out which path to go, I'll effin' kick ass.

Anyway, I like the game. I really do so far. I find it fun, enjoyable and something to help me forget about what I've been dealt with lately.

WildThing121675

alu

Quote Originally Posted by baby_mike View Post
    I disagree with you I think they failed at online, the concept was good. Every-time I play online all people do it snipe from the edge of the map.
    true but then what you do is run up behind them and kill them all ,depends what map your on tho ,i do that with my teak rifle and normaly get atleat a 10 ks or use cluster/wp/helfire to wipe them all out

Quote Originally Posted by WildThing121675 View Post
    alu- read, please- I said KOREAN. When I was referring to China I was referring to a dream I had at one point. Anyway, once I figure out which path to go, I'll effin' kick ass.

Anyway, I like the game. I really do so far. I find it fun, enjoyable and something to help me forget about what I've been dealt with lately.

WildThing121675
    i must of been tired and missread sorry ,anyway hope you find the game enjoyable.

Oh god no.. please.. don't mention that game. Good for the SP, but I knifed someone from twelve feet away in the multiplayer and everyone just took it in stride...

I thought the entire single player was a huge epic fail, except for the shock factor of some of things you see. That was well done, but otherwise... very poor quality gameplay, dialogue, etc. It had potential, but they didn't take advantage of it.

The multiplayer was phenomenally better than CoD, at least at the time I played it (near its release). It seemed very well balanced and was a lot of fun. Everything worked well for it. I guess that must have changed since last time I played...