Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Old gaming consoles, Who liked 'em, and which one(s) did you like?

Default Old gaming consoles, Who liked 'em, and which one(s) did you like?

I love the Nintendo 64, especially while playing Goldeneye (best game ever), and second favorite being Diddykong Racing.

Even though some games are available in emulators, or on other consoles as remakes, I still feel it is not even close to the same thing, remembering having a blast playing on that thing when I was 4 or 5, with the controller, enjoying the horrible graphics, etc.

The oldest console I played other than the N64 would be the PS1, which I have only played twice.

So, What is your favorite old system, likes or dislikes, and maybe even a favorite game or two?

I still think the NES was the best console of them all. I'm presently playing through Crystalis again, which I haven't played through since high school. There are so many great games on the NES that I can't begin to name them all.

alu

I liked my gameboy advance and gameboy colour i still play pokemon on my gba sometimes

I own nearly every well known fifth and sixth generation console, only missing the Saturn. I also was able to get the N64's DD option through an uncle of mine who goes to and from japan regularly, and had picked it up for another cousin of mine, who didn't have an N64, but only a PS1. I had both of them, and was thus able to utilize it when he got it, though I have only one of the disks for it that still works, SimCity 64(not the port of Sim City 2000, the real N64DD disk.)

I also own the NES and the SNES, and have the awkward peripheral, the Powerglove, as i love it because its so bad.

My final feat is that I own over all of those game consoles, around 250-300 total games, not including my PS3 library, my steam library, my gamecube library, or my DS/wii library.

The oldest console I played was the Sega Megadrive 2, when my uncle somehow ended up owning one when I was 12. It was fun, but I wouldn't trade my modern consoles for it. After that, my next oldest would probably be the PS1. I still play a lot of PS1 games on my PS2 or my laptop or my phone, but the experience isn't greatly improved by playing on a ps1 or anything like that. In the case of RPGs, even the touchscreen doesn't detract from the experience notably.

I guess while I get nostalgic for the games, I don't get nostalgic for the hardware.

One thing I do miss however is the durability of Nintendo's consoles up until the original GBA. I dropped mine down rhe stairs without harming it. I've broken a DS by dropping it from a knee height table.

I love the N64.
    Super Smash Bros, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Mario Kart, those are really some of the best games ever and much better than most of today´s games (and I know you agree with me, because it´s true :p).

Nintendo 64! Ocarina of Time! Majora's Mask! Must have beat them a ton of times. Best games ever! Even now! I is doing an LP of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hex
    One thing I do miss however is the durability of Nintendo's consoles up until the original GBA. I dropped mine down rhe stairs without harming it. I've broken a DS by dropping it from a knee height table.
    One reason I hate Nintendo :P

Odl9791

I like all the old systems. Each had its own classics, too many to list with my phone.