Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So im back home....and it feels like its hell....

Default So im back home....and it feels like its hell....

So I moved back after living on my own for 10 weeks...its like nothing has changed and I'm in a hell hole...I feel like o changed so much over the internship but I'm back and my parents don't treat me any different, nor do I get any respect. My house sucks filled with roaches once again...and overall I hate my old life and miss my new one... m stuck for another year living in my house and I just want to be free again. I'm stressed pissed and angry at everything and gah I miss my old life...@_@ any tips?

Unfortunately, this feeling never changes as time goes by - every time I go home for Uni holidays I spend a week or so pissed off at losing independence. But really all you can do is just try to settle down into it and find ways to regain a bit of control - for me, I found cooking for the family really helped me get a bit more respect in the house :-)

If you feel out of control it's likely best to gain what control you can. For instance your house has a roach problem, you can likely take care of that yourself in multiple ways. Take what actions you can, even if they are small.

One thing you can do to get rid of the roaches is use combat gel (it may be available at Walmart) follow those instructions and the problem will be gone in about a week

Sounds like it's time to start plotting your escape.

I don't know if you're working or not, but if you are, start saving money. If you're doing college/university, focus on your work and start pounding the pavement looking for other internships and employment opportunities for when you've graduated. It's not an immediate thing, but if you know you've got something better in the queue, then it makes it a lot easier to deal with the crap. Trust me, the last eight months of my job were based on that very thing.

Once you move out of the house, you will never like going back... And I get along great with my family.

And that's why in 15 years I haven't moved back with my parents. They tried hard to get me to move to Philadelphia with them back in '05, but my life was blossoming at that time and I decided to stay put and see where the road took me.

Plus, I knew it would not really work out with my old man. He's too into religion and I know he has issues with the way I live my life in a lot of ways so moving in with them would not be an option. If things get worse in this country, I may have to consider it, but under my terms and not theirs.

WildThing121675

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
    Unfortunately, this feeling never changes as time goes by - every time I go home for Uni holidays I spend a week or so pissed off at losing independence. But really all you can do is just try to settle down into it and find ways to regain a bit of control - for me, I found cooking for the family really helped me get a bit more respect in the house :-)
    I've got three years of that to look forward too, I've only got a month left and I can't wait to leave home

Quote Originally Posted by xbabyx View Post
    Sounds like it's time to start plotting your escape.

I don't know if you're working or not, but if you are, start saving money. If you're doing college/university, focus on your work and start pounding the pavement looking for other internships and employment opportunities for when you've graduated. It's not an immediate thing, but if you know you've got something better in the queue, then it makes it a lot easier to deal with the crap. Trust me, the last eight months of my job were based on that very thing.
    Well that's a while other can of worms, I have my plan graduate get married and then move to the states to find a job. My parents have a problem with this and they don't want me to get married so soon. They think I'm making a mistake and well I feel like, I dunno I just feel like why have a wedding when everyone around you think its stupid and not worth it. Or that your making a miatske. How canyou support my decision at the same time that you are telling me your decision is wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by dragsnick View Post
    Well that's a while other can of worms, I have my plan graduate get married and then move to the states to find a job. My parents have a problem with this and they don't want me to get married so soon. They think I'm making a mistake and well I feel like, I dunno I just feel like why have a wedding when everyone around you think its stupid and not worth it. Or that your making a miatske. How canyou support my decision at the same time that you are telling me your decision is wrong?
    Heh, a "mistake" eh? I'd wager money that they're trying to prevent their little boy from leaving.

You gotta make your plans for you. Thank them for their input and concern, and then keep on doing what you were doing.