Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Increased boarder protections

Default Increased boarder protections

Americans seem to be getting increasingly nervous about their neighbours to the north. For the longest times, the USA and Canada have shared the longest unguarded boarder in the world. The times are changing though.

Although still unguarded, Americans seem to be getting wary about evil Canadian terrorists sneaking into their country and causing all kinds of havok. Heck, Canadians burned down the White House once, but the two countries have been allies since.

As of June 2009, any Canadian wishing to cross the boarder into the US will have to have a valid passport. For the longest time all you need to get across both ways was a birth certificate.

Earlier this year, Canadian boarder guards were officialy armed with handguns. The American boarder guards were already armed. This arming of the guards caused a lot of boarder guards to quit, or at least question their job. Canadians don't like guns.

A new thing I found out is a recent law put into place where American boarder guards are allowed to seize laptops, iPods, or any electronic device on any person at the boarder without giving a reason or warning. They can hold it for as long as they want in order to search for incriminating evidence. This is to protect the citizens of their country from terrorism.

Don't really know what they expect to find. This all seems to be hurting the relationship between the two countries.

Oh...The Canadian/US border...I thought this was going to be about the US/Mexican border...I've never heard any of this controversy with Canada and the border >.>

yuppers i agree with pojo its always about the mexican border what with the wall they want to build and a moat and whatnot
    ive never heard of controvery with US/Canada border

I know, that's what it would seem like. But it's those pesky Canadians who are, er, sneaking into your country in order to buy gas and milk at lower prices.

Oh no.

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
    I know, that's what it would seem like. But it's those pesky Canadians who are, er, sneaking into your country in order to buy gas and milk at lower prices.

Oh no.
    Yeah but they have better health care...

Although still unguarded, Americans seem to be getting wary about evil Canadian terrorists sneaking into their country and causing all kinds of havok. Heck, Canadians burned down the White House once" Quote from Prometheis--

Um, were not worried about Canadian Terrorists. We are worried about Terroists in general crossing over the Canadian Border. And I wasn't aware Canadians burned down the White House. Where did you get this information from?

It's sick and wrong.

Although actually I assumed that to go across the boarder you needed a passport, so I'm more shocked that that isn't the case than I am that it soon will be the case.

I hate all the terrorism crap, I cared at one point but now things have gone way too far. I'd rather have another major terrorist attack happen than have all these restrictions. Stuff like the British ID cards, the stuff you have to do when flying to America, this thread... Each individual thing isn't that bad, but there's so much worry about terrorists and there's so many little sacrifices that have to made because of it. In my mind, we are just letting them win. Terrorism is more about spreading fear than killing people...

**** terrorists, I couldn't care less. The chances of being killed in a terrorist attack are so low compared to other stuff. I wish my country would put more effort (and money!) into sorting out our actual problems, rather than waste it on terrorist crap.

Its seems to be a bit of satire.. I have never heard of this. I actually think the US stepping up any border security is to keep Americans in. So they can be drafted and fight for bush.

Little ollie

I'd love increased border control in England as at the moment its ****ing stupid as anyone from the EU can come in **** they could have a huge criminal record list and we'd let them in as we have no choice. Also I think the borders should be similar to Australia were your not coming in unless you have something we need skill wise as at the moment its just stupid.

Well I have to say, that Canada is also pretty strict about who they let in. Don't even try to go to Canada with any type of Gross misdemeanor on your record, that happens to be a felony in Canada. You will be held for further investigation, after that they MIGHT let you in. Felony on your record? Forget it, ain't gonna happen. Then if you are stupid enough to lie about your past and they catch you, you are permanently banned from entry.