Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: DIY guitar pickup

  1. #1

    Default DIY guitar pickup

    Well, in the true spirit of MacGyverism, I made a truly dirt cheap, but effective acoustic guitar pickup, for 10 bucks.

  2. #2

    Default

    Well, ok; but I want to know how you did it. MacGyver usually launched into this spiel about how he did what he did, and somehow made it available to watch on tv even when behind enemy lines.

    Maybe then I would feel like giving out a congrats. Maybe...

    Unless of course you published it on Hackaday. Then you would for sure be awesome.

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Entity View Post
    Well, ok; but I want to know how you did it. MacGyver usually launched into this spiel about how he did what he did, and somehow made it available to watch on tv even when behind enemy lines.

    Maybe then I would feel like giving out a congrats. Maybe...

    Unless of course you published it on Hackaday. Then you would for sure be awesome.
    Well, how i did it was I used a piezoelectric transducer to take vibrations from the body of it, which are converted into an electrical signal. That signal is sent into a circuit that amplifies some signals, while canceling others, balancing out the sound. That signal is then sent into an amp via a 1/4 in. instrument cable. The sound is similar to that of the bridge pickup of a strat.

  4. #4

    Default

    Now that's more like it.

    Congrats.

    I'd still like to see it though...

  5. #5

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Entity View Post
    Now that's more like it.

    Congrats.

    I'd still like to see it though...
    http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/2200/dsc00299c.jpg

    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

    Happy?

    I know it's sorta ugly, but it works, and was cheap.

    Ade, your idea is a little stupid, diapers absorb sound, not resonate them, so it would be a bad idea.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by JATO457 View Post
    Ade, your idea is a little stupid, diapers absorb sound, not resonate them, so it would be a bad idea.
    i deleted the bit about resin, thinking you'd figure it out.

  8. #8

    Default

    well, it still wouldn't work well, the material would not vibrate well, that's why you don't see them making guitars out of cloth.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by JATO457 View Post
    Happy?

    I know it's sorta ugly, but it works, and was cheap.
    Yes I'm happy now. For being crude, It still looks pretty good and easy to follow if someone were to try to replicate it.

Similar Threads

  1. favorite pickup truck
    By dyepurr in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 15-May-2010, 15:28
  2. <Garbage pickup fail>
    By h200420012 in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-Jan-2010, 05:37
  3. Problem with wireless Guitar Hero guitar (Please Help)
    By Takashi in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-Sep-2009, 17:42
  4. The UPS Store / Package pickup
    By chevre in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-Jun-2008, 14:03

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.