Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 3, new video out from GC

Thumbs up Battlefield 3, new video out from GC

Just found this sweet jewel!
    Battlefield 3: Caspian Border Gameplay - YouTube

I havn´t been this hyped over a game in many years.

it looks really good. But I would like to buy it on Steam and not Orgin.

Battlefield 2on the PC, in my opinion is still one of the greatest MMOFPS's ever made. So I can't wait for Battlefield 3, hope it feels a lot like the second.

I have a copy preordered from Gamestop already ^_^ and I'm STILL having fun laughing at all the people who refuse to buy it if it's not on Steam.

Silly questions, but is the SP/Coop campaign going to be like Bad Company? Or is it more like the old Battlefield in that you play multiplayer with bots?

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
    Silly questions, but is the SP/Coop campaign going to be like Bad Company? Or is it more like the old Battlefield in that you play multiplayer with bots?
    Check out the Fault Line Videos.

The singleplayer is going to Rival CoD's. Guarantee it.

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyFox View Post
    I have a copy preordered from Gamestop already ^_^ and I'm STILL having fun laughing at all the people who refuse to buy it if it's not on Steam.
    Yeah who wants their games all on the same digital download service. One that's arguably and is considered the best around by a majority of PC gamers. Totally stupid, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Yeah who wants their games all on the same digital download service. One that's arguably and is considered the best around by a majority of PC gamers. Totally stupid, right?
    I think it's totally stupid that someone isn't going to buy a game because they want all of their games in one place. I have all of my games in one place, it's called, the Games folder on my desktop, where I am free to peruse it and start any game without logging into a client that might possibly decide to stop working, or that I may figure out my account with four hundred dollars worth of games was banned permanently with no chance whatsoever of getting it back because of one ten dollar chargeback.

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyFox View Post
    I think it's totally stupid that someone isn't going to buy a game because they want all of their games in one place. I have all of my games in one place, it's called, the Games folder on my desktop, where I am free to peruse it and start any game without logging into a client that might possibly decide to stop working, or that I may figure out my account with four hundred dollars worth of games was banned permanently with no chance whatsoever of getting it back because of one ten dollar chargeback.
    Steam doesn't ban acounts for no reason and with them holding at around 70% of the online game distabution market place and making millions off their own game seires. I don't see Steam going away anytime soon.

On the other had EA's Orgin which you will activate BC3, and the Star Wars MMO. If you don't play your games for 2 years orgin can delete them. Also you can delete games yourself with NO confirmation. So if your siblings, parents ever get pissed off at you. All they have to do is get on your account from ANY computer and simply delete your games. I deleted mirror's edge of my Orgin account and it never once asked for conformation.

I didn't buy it on orgin, I used my game code of Steam for it. which only seemingly works for half of EA games o my Steam account.

In the end there are stark differences between EA and Valve and how they run their digital distribution platforms. There's also a complete difference of how both companies design games for PC/Mac. (Yes I know EA is a publisher . But they express a lot of control over their studios.

For example. Burnout Paradise while running good on the PC they completely cut out future DLC for the PC version.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Steam doesn't ban acounts for no reason and with them holding at around 70% of the online game distabution market place and making millions off their own game seires. I don't see Steam going away anytime soon.

On the other had EA's Orgin which you will activate BC3, and the Star Wars MMO. If you don't play your games for 2 years orgin can delete them. Also you can delete games yourself with NO confirmation. So if your siblings, parents ever get pissed off at you. All they have to do is get on your account from ANY computer and simply delete your games. I deleted mirror's edge of my Orgin account and it never once asked for conformation.

I didn't buy it on orgin, I used my game code of Steam for it. which only seemingly works for half of EA games o my Steam account.

In the end there are stark differences between EA and Valve and how they run their digital distribution platforms. There's also a complete difference of how both companies design games for PC/Mac. (Yes I know EA is a publisher . But they express a lot of control over their studios.

For example. Burnout Paradise while running good on the PC they completely cut out future DLC for the PC version.
    Going to start out by saying, I never said that Valve banned for no reason, however, they DO ban you for chargebacks on your card when you buy a game, and they don't pull them off, no matter how much work you put into getting it back.

Another thing, Origin does have that policy, but they've NEVER acted on it. Ever. I forget where it was posted, but one of the EA officials did post it.

And if you buy something off of Steam and the code works on Origin, of course it's not going to ask for confirmation... >.< I'm honestly not sure how this has any relevance to the current argument.

Also, I don't know much about Origin myself, because I have hard copies of almost every game I own, besides Black Ops, which was a waste of money in itself.