Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ipod Touch Jailbreaking?

Secret

Default Ipod Touch Jailbreaking?

Hey , I just got an Ipod touch and I might want to jailbreak it. Has anyone here done this? What does this do to my Ipod touch and how is it done? What risks are involved and what can I do with it? Can I still browse the web and listen to my music and watch my videos?
    http://the-gadgeteer.com//assets/apple-ipod-touch-2.jpg
    Thanks !

xdeadx

What's jailbreaking??? I thought this was gonna be a topic of how someone busted out of a jail cell using an iPod touch =p

Jailbreaking means that your device's firmware is edited to allow the installation, download, and execution of custom 3rd Party Apps and more/extra control over your device. Everything else is just how your iPod was -- it isn't like homebrew PSP firmware, etc.

Jailbreaking is pretty easy, there are GUI tools that do it for you. The only real risk is if you brick it by unplugging it while in the process of jailbreaking -- but hey, just keep it plugged in!

If you're using Windows -- look up Winpwn to jailbreak it
    If you're on Mac -- look up iPwnage tool
    If you're on Linux... google

Happy jammin'

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Blake View Post
    What's jailbreaking??? I thought this was gonna be a topic of how someone busted out of a jail cell using an iPod touch =p
    lol me too but seriously what is jailbreaking? im a little confuzzled!

Secret

If you're on Linux... google
    Hahahaha Linux what a joke. But yeah thanks "MM3"

Hahahaha Linux what a joke. But yeah thanks "MM3"
    O__O *gasps*

I love Linux, it sure as hell ain't a joke! >=P hahaha, no prob

I haven't bothered jailbreaking mine...Since iTunes has good enough stuff for me, and I don't want to risk getting my iPod bricked...

The risk of bricking is so low, it's not even worth mentioning IYAM.

I still need to hack my PSP's firmware. Anyways I would of got the 160 GB Ipod Classic since its cheaper and it will hold all 50 GB's of my music and still leave room for maybe 25 movies.