Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Age: Origins Vs Dragon Age 2!

Default Dragon Age: Origins Vs Dragon Age 2!

So as massive RPG fan, I've got both games. I can honestly say that Dragon Age: Origins is one of the best games I've ever played.

When I first heard that Dragon Age 2 was coming out, I was really exited (like really exited, I couldn't even sleep). Then it came out and... and... well, I can't stand it.

They've made the game into something else! It's more like 'Dynasty Warriors Gone Dragon Age'! And they've decided to make it a hack & slash, which for me isn't nowhere near as fun as using your brains and real tactics (conjure a good strategy they wont get you killed).

Also, I hated the fact that the entire game was based in one area (city). With Dragon Age Origins, you traveled all over the land... In Dragon Age 2, you rage around a relatively small city...

I want to hear other opinions! Do you think they screwed up with Dragon Age 2? Did you prefer Dragon Age Origins? What could they improve on when doing Dragon Age 3? (Yes, there will be a 3rd!)

DA:O I think was a pretty bad game. The co-op AI is dreadful and always get themselves killed on the first real challenge in the tower. So I never finished it and just returned the game.

As for Dragon Age 2 I heard that it's even more of a suck fest. The better bioware game franchise is Mass Effect, if you want something like dragon age wait for the new elder scrolls game.

DA:O was bad. DA2 was fucking horrible.

BioWare in general is a mediocre developer - the last game they made that was any good was Mass Effect. ME2 was lame.

Quote Originally Posted by LazyAB View Post
    DA:O was bad. DA2 was fucking horrible.

BioWare in general is a mediocre developer - the last game they made that was any good was Mass Effect. ME2 was lame.
    ME2 was a bit lame compared the Me since most of it was main plot missions. however ME2 also made gameplay and menu improvements as well. Where Dragon age 2 made NO improvements it seems. plus Mass effects story to me at least is far more valid and 'realistic". So far I rate Mass effect over Star Wars.

Yeah, I said Mass Effect > Star Wars.

KotOR2 alone, even in its unfinished state, is better than BioWare's entire body of work.

...I kinda liked DA2. I agree with you Snowfox that Origins was way better, but I wouldn't say DA2 was bad. It removed some of the better parts that Origins had, but it added good things too. I think that if a DA3 is made (and it will be) that it will probably do the same thing and morph itself to accommodate more casual players.

Quote Originally Posted by DementiasKnight View Post
    I think that if a DA3 is made (and it will be) that it will probably do the same thing and morph itself to accommodate more casual players.
    AKA, Bioware pussy's the fuck out.

I don't think that making a product that will allow casual gamers to enjoy something they otherwise wouldn't play is pussying out, I don't think they should do it at the expense of alienating more serious players but there has to be a middle ground somewhere that they haven't found yet.

I've enjoyed quite a few Bioware games over the past almost ten years. Jade Empire, KOTOR 1 & 2, Mass Effect 1 & 2, DAO and DA2 are all games that I've enjoyed and for all of those reasons I'm willing to let piddly shit like tweaking gameplay so a broader audience can enjoy the product slide.

Quote Originally Posted by DementiasKnight View Post
    I don't think that making a product that will allow casual gamers to enjoy something they otherwise wouldn't play is pussying out, I don't think they should do it at the expense of alienating more serious players but there has to be a middle ground somewhere that they haven't found yet.

I've enjoyed quite a few Bioware games over the past almost ten years. Jade Empire, KOTOR 1 & 2, Mass Effect 1 & 2, DAO and DA2 are all games that I've enjoyed and for all of those reasons I'm willing to let piddly shit like tweaking gameplay so a broader audience can enjoy the product slide.
    Dragon Age already seemed like a medicore game coming out of a studio like Bioware. From all the reviews I've seen of DA2 it was pretty much designed for consoles while sticking it to PC. Not that i've heard anything remotely good on gameplay and especially storyline. I also heard that some opf the DLC in DA Orgins don't follow along game conntuity. Specifically a DLC about morgana or whoever.

that was coming from Brad of 4player podcast/livestream, who's a total 360 fanboy. I can't image what he thinks of Dragon Age 2, which seems on par with the letdown of the Fable franchise.

Plus at the end of the day, Bioware has no excuse for making shitty games. Other then EA breathing down their freaking neck with "MOAR GAMES = moar moninnes guyz!"

Maybe they'll bundle a rushed version of Dragon Age 3 with Madden 2013/2014.

People are gonna like what they like and dislike what they dislike. I don't think DAO or DA2 were the best games ever, nor were they the best Bioware games, but I enjoyed them for the entertainment they gave me while playing them.

Unless DA3 is suddenly set in a post apocalyptic future and is now an FPS RPG then I will probably play it and enjoy it. I'd just be happy it wasn't another Goddamned Call of Duty game to be perfectly honest.