Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eep- A Level results in a week!

Default Eep- A Level results in a week!

Hi guys

I'm a second year sixth former waiting for results, coming out next week.
    I need ABB to meet my university offer to study history.
    This is unlikely to happen but we shall see.

Was wondering if anyone else is in the same situation? Can't just be me on here aha

Good luck! It wasn't long ago I was in your situation, so I can relate to your nerves... Though I have to say I wasn't awaiting anything like ABB to get into my course!

I did a MickeyMouse arty course, so... That explains it

Again, good luck. Hope you make it. Why is it unlikely? Were a couple of exams disastrous?

Dan x

Yeah, I'm gonna be getting my results next week. I need 3 As, though -_- (Doing physics).
    Anyways, good luck to comfort diapers and anyone else eagerly (or not so eagerly) awaiting their A level results!

Im in exactly the same position. Need BBB. Unlikely to get it. (Stupid maths.)

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by DanDanSuperman View Post
    Good luck! It wasn't long ago I was in your situation, so I can relate to your nerves... Though I have to say I wasn't awaiting anything like ABB to get into my course!

Again, good luck. Hope you make it. Why is it unlikely? Were a couple of exams disastrous?

Dan x
    There's a uni course for Disney art?

I remember getting my final grades in school after all the final exams. We all (individually) went into the coordinator's room and got handed a sheet of paper with some words, and I was like "Hey, this can't be mine!" The grades were way too good. i just got up and took whatever I got and was happy. Maybe you'll be in for a positive surprise too

Peachy

In the same position, I need AAB to study Psychology. I'm pretty certain I've got 2 As (Maths and Psychology) but Chemistry is a killer and so unpredictable that I could be getting a D for all I know. I guess we'll have to wait until Thursday to find out.

Good luck to anyone else waiting on results, be they a 1st year 6th former, 2nd year, GCSE student (My younger brother is waiting for his GCSE results) or students not taking any of these qualifications and still waiting for results

I was in this situation last year, you can try and check on UCAS to see if you got in beforehand but last year we crashed it so that will probably happen again. Try not to worry about it, even if you don't get the results you need you can still get in if they don't have enough people that met the grade; happened to a few of my friends.

I was really lucky with high school - due to how our education system works (there really isn't any big standarized exam) I was accepted to the program I wanted at uni a good 3-4 months before I was done HS - so all I needed with my last grades was to pass math.

Considering that have a bit of a reputation for manicly checking my grades at uni, I don't even want to know how nervous I'd be waiting for something like my A-levels.

---
    - Sent from my iPhone

Good luck to the others here
    Doesn't seem like it was a year ago we were going to uni open days, and waiting AS results..which was somewhat more relaxed :p

I do intend to check on Track beforehand, I have no desire to potentially discover bad new in front of everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by DanDanSuperman View Post

Dan x
    yeah, one of my politics exams was an utter nightmare. I spent 5 minutes choosing the long question to answer and still chose the one I was weaker at. The fire alarm went off, I was generally a mess

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder92 View Post
    In the same position, I need AAB to study Psychology. I'm pretty certain I've got 2 As (Maths and Psychology) but Chemistry is a killer and so unpredictable that I could be getting a D for all I know. I guess we'll have to wait until Thursday to find out.

Good luck to anyone else waiting on results, be they a 1st year 6th former, 2nd year, GCSE student (My younger brother is waiting for his GCSE results) or students not taking any of these qualifications and still waiting for results
    Ah, I almost firmed UEA, which would have meant having to get AAB. So glad I didn't in the end! January results were the final factor in making my decision tbh.

I'm waiting for them to come out too, so good luck to anyone else in the same boat.

I need AAA for doing Physics and Chemistry, and no reserve as all my offers came back the same. Fortunately the chance of me failing that based on the modules I've already done, and how well the exams went is < 1% but I feel really sorry for the people who are very borderline and have a nervous wait ahead.
    I am a bit nervous because I have a feeling I may have just dropped the A* on chemistry where that and physics were subjects where I'm expected to get one - but that's more personal pride and there's nothing important resting on it, so it doesn't compare at all.

I think UCAS is meant to have the information updated on track by 8am, so if there's a UF on there anywhere you have a place, but that's a double-edged sword. If you know you've got the place then no worries; but if you find you haven't you really wont want to go into school to get the results knowing what they're going to be (but it's vital you do in that case.) As somebody said, likely the site will crash and you wont be able to find out anyway.