Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hollar

Default hollar

hey guys. so, introductions have never been my strong suit. i never know where to start, and, sometimes, have the tendency to let nervousness get the best of me, but, at any rate, here we go: i'm a mid-twenties artist/student/server/musical connoisseur. i love sci-fi, most things retro/psychedelic, cats, drinking excessive amounts of coffee, and dancing in the morning. i've loved diapers for as long as i can remember, and have dabbled in regression, but it isn't really my thing.

welcome. ahhh sci-fi. are you a big Transformers fan? and a little tip on being nervous. when i get nervous i just suck my paci, but if i'm near my parents or something i chew on gum or act like i'm listening to music and chew on my headphone wires.

chewing on wires sounds dangerous, but i suppose i could give it a try.

---------- Post added at 23:51 ---------- Previous post was at 23:50 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ShippoFox View Post
    Are you a Star Trek fan? A Stargate fan? I love both.
    star trek and battle star galactica are my favorite, but i've actually never been very fond of stargate.

I plan to watch the new BSG series eventually. I remember liking the old stuff, but I don't think I ever saw it all. I also want to watch Babylon 5 sometime.

I also love Doctor Who, Torchwood, Eureka, Firefly, Sarah Jane Adventures, and Star Wars (though some people will argue that a few of those aren't actually sci-fi). Probably some other shows that don't come to mind at the moment.

Do you like any of those? o.O

Welcome! And oh, an artist? What sort of art do you like to dabble in?

Hello and welcome to the forums! I soon found that there isn't a need to be shy here, everyone is really welcoming and nice. Hope you enjoy the forums!

Quote Originally Posted by ShippoFox View Post
    I plan to watch the new BSG series eventually. I remember liking the old stuff, but I don't think I ever saw it all. I also want to watch Babylon 5 sometime.

I also love Doctor Who, Torchwood, Eureka, Firefly, Sarah Jane Adventures, and Star Wars (though some people will argue that a few of those aren't actually sci-fi). Probably some other shows that don't come to mind at the moment.

Do you like any of those? o.O
    i like torchwood and star wars. i've heard of the other ones, but have yet to take the plunge, although, i'll definitely consider doing so with haste based on your recommendation. the new BSG is probably my favorite sci show, ever, though, and i would definitely suggest you check it out, at some point.

---------- Post added at 04:25 ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    Welcome! And oh, an artist? What sort of art do you like to dabble in?
    mostly youth/nostalgia inspired, conceptually based mixed media/installation stuff with a focus on painting, although, lately i've started to leaning towards relational art which is more impersonal and is mostly based around interactive elements.

---------- Post added at 04:30 ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 ----------

(you can google paperrad, dear raindrop, and misaki kawai, which are a couple of my favorite artists/art collectives, if you'd like to get an idea of what i'm trying to describe.)

Hi OMG,
    nice to hear from another sci-fi lover. Welcome to the group. I'm currently watching the new torchwood series that has been released in the UK, I'm also into star trek (all the variants as well), stargate, dr who, falling skies, loved babylon. favourite authors would be people like Clarke, Asimov, Heinlien, Niven, Pohl, Silverberg, Anne Macathrys pern series and a few of her other stories

Hey, ohmygosh. I'm just CRAZY about the new BSG. I would agree with our assessment, it's the best SciFi series EVER! I really really really wish they would make a series chronicling the First Cylon War. I attempted to watch Caprica with all my heart, but just couldn't get into it - serious mistake setting the entire series on just one planet - Caprica. I also happen to be a big Spock fan. When I was a kid, he was sort of my role model (talk about being a geek). Thus, we have a lot in common. Speaking of "in common", you said you've been interested your whole life in diapers - how long, why, and when did you start wearing? Hope to get to know you better.