Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: London is not where you want to be right now.

Default London is not where you want to be right now.

Day 1: All apparently started after a stop and search and a killing of a man by police in
    Tottenham, London.
    The man's friends wanted the police to leave him alone but escalated into anger to them throw projectiles which ended up destroying cars, buses and looting shops.

After the first night pictures: BBC News - London riots: Before-and-after images

Day 2, the riots got even wild. Again in Tottenham and even spread to Brixton, Hackney and Lewisham, and Oxford Circus.

Day 3 (today): Still going mental, same areas as above but going further; Peckham, Barnet, Finchely, Peckham, Harrow, Enfield, Islington, Harlsden.

As it's beening covered live you are able to see people breaking into houses above the shops, setting fire to cars and buses and even people getting mugged.

What are the police doing?

Nothing. Yup. Just running up to the crowed and backing off. They say 215 arrests has been made and have to use under trained police officers to try and settle things down.

I'm able to hear endless sirens going on around me.
    It make me wonder what tomorrow will bring.

Any other Londoners able to see what is going on within thier area?
    Last edited by BluTack; 08-Aug-2011 at 20:02.

bring in the water cannons and plastic bullets or do they only use them in N Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by pampywampy View Post
    bring in the water cannons and plastic bullets or do they only use them in N Ireland.
    That is a brutal and disgusting way to deal with a riot. The police are under pressure, and violence is most definitely not the answer.

Oh my god!! That's horrible I'm watching news reports right now on my moms computer, its just terrible that people think that the only way to solve a problem is to be violent like that.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BluTack View Post
    London is not where you want to be right now.
    I'm actually coming to London for a short holiday in a couple if weeks
    Hope it all settles down again soon...

Still keeping up with everything, seems more widespread tonight

Also, unconfirmed word of things going on up in Birmingham bullring shopping center and also in Leeds

all the idiots are coming out now

alu

I had a riot going on 5 min from me last night ,i can hear endless sirens ,i hear annother place just off from my area going to have riots soon. I hate it here at them moment but i guess theres worse place i could be atm.

Quote Originally Posted by GabeIsWinning View Post
    That is a brutal and disgusting way to deal with a riot. The police are under pressure, and violence is most definitely not the answer.
    Until they get those sonic weapons perfected it's really the only way short of doing nothing and hoping they don't start any fires.

alu

oh now theres bloody roberys literaly outside my estate ,two more places set alight and being looted ,this is just wow ,they say this is because one innocent person was shot EVEN THOUGH HE HAD A GUN.. Well done, idiots. Now loads of innocent people are suffering!

I haven't really been reading up on the rioting with all the financial meltdown going on over here. Am I understanding it correctly that all this senseless rioting is over that one single shooting incident? Or, is their other underlying social issues in these areas of London that have been brewing over a long period of time, and this incident was the final spark needed to bring everything to a head?

~Pramrider