Thread: Funniest DIY fixes

Wink Funniest DIY fixes

Share stories of stuff you have fixed via DIY, especially if they are funny.
    My story:
    When I couldn't find my bathrobe belt, I used the belt from my pants. Now I look like a Jedi from Star Wars.

What are some things you have fixed via DIY that were in a funny way?

Possibly the funnest one I did was after I hit a deer with my '89 Bonneville. I was an undergrad with no money at the time, and the car was already 13 years old by then. Hitting the deer smashed the headlight as well as pushed up the hood and pushed back the fender.

I jumped up and down on the hood until it was pushed back down. I then smashed the fender with a sledgehammer until I could open the passenger door. Finally, I pulled the remaining shell of the headlight from the car, wrapped it with about half a roll of saran wrap, then went over that with a roll of clear packing tape. When I cut the slits into the back for the bulbs, it sounded like I stabbed a balloon! I put the light back in by duct-taping it to a structural member that had survived the impact. After I did all that, I took a rattle can of black paint (it was a black car) and sprayed the hood and fender where the paint had flaked off.

Quote Originally Posted by xbabyx View Post
    Possibly the funnest one I did was after I hit a deer with my '89 Bonneville. I was an undergrad with no money at the time, and the car was already 13 years old by then. Hitting the deer smashed the headlight as well as pushed up the hood and pushed back the fender.

I jumped up and down on the hood until it was pushed back down. I then smashed the fender with a sledgehammer until I could open the passenger door. Finally, I pulled the remaining shell of the headlight from the car, wrapped it with about half a roll of saran wrap, then went over that with a roll of clear packing tape. When I cut the slits into the back for the bulbs, it sounded like I stabbed a balloon! I put the light back in by duct-taping it to a structural member that had survived the impact. After I did all that, I took a rattle can of black paint (it was a black car) and sprayed the hood and fender where the paint had flaked off.
    HahahahahahahhahahahhahHahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahaha that's AWESOME!!!!!!! Lol

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

alu

try fixing a bike seat with duck tape and a stick ,i dont know how it stayed put for the last 10 min i had to ride

I made the poor man's LN2, for a science experiment, which involved chilling rubbing alcohol to a low temperature with dry ice.

Quote Originally Posted by alu View Post
    try fixing a bike seat with duck tape and a stick ,i dont know how it stayed put for the last 10 min i had to ride
    That's how I keep half of my dirtbike together! I got duck tape on my lights, seat, battery, and the clutch that would just be hanging off my handlebars by a bunch of wires if I didn't. Lol

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

My computer chair broke and landed me in the floor on my back. I took a wooden match stick and put it in the stripped hole and rebolted the chair. It lasted another five years rather than spend another several hundred dollars on a new one, or buying a cheap replacement that I wouldn't be happy with.

My computer chair also broke some time ago. However it was one of those chairs where the arms actually support the back; and one of the arms broke. At first my fix involved wrapping the ENTIRE arm in gorilla tape, but after a while I decided that wouldn't do the job. So one day at work, I got hold of some 2" wide by 3/8" thick bars, sheared four pieces to length, punched two holes into each of them, and welded together 2 brand new (matching) arms for my chair. The arms are now far stronger than the chair itself, and I still use the chair today. I also wrapped the new arms in gorilla tape both to match the color of the chair and because the metal had sharp edges.