Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pro Wrestling, Since the other threads are closed :P

Default Pro Wrestling, Since the other threads are closed :P

So thought I'd attempt to get another wrestling thread off the ground, hopefully this one lasts longer.

Anyway what do you guys think of the Cena Punk angle?

I'm really liking it overall. They could have done things a bit differently but over all im liking it, last weeks raw really did it for me though. At the moment they have two Champs, Cena and punk, which is something unique in its self. But the genious bit here is, and what im really liking, both champs are face/heels. Its completely split the fan base, it's great you hate one while loving the other. which is technically how wrestling is sposed to work, but the way this is working is something new.

Normaly people cheer the good guys and boo the bad guys. But with the wake of the smart fan, people have started to cheer for the guys they like instead of just going along with what the wwe want you to cheer for. But with this angle, the people who would normaly cheer for the heal are actually cheering for the face. Personaly i see punk as the new austin, story line wise. He goes to a job he hates everyday, then he tries to change it. Kinda what austin did. so adults are going to relate to him. but they also have cena, the white meat babyface, the guy in the office that does well, does what hes told and gets the promotion, the guy that kids can look upto. So now kids have someone to cheer. I could really see this being the second coming of the attitude era, but with a guy that kids can get behind for the right reasons.

After last weeks raw im really looking forward to seeing how this plays out. I hope they dont get bored of it and give up on it after a few weeks, but who knows vince is fickle. Ohh and while i liked this raw, i only liked it because of the awesome promo punk made, the rest of it was pretty pants.

So thoughts? On anything wrestling related :P

I really hope Punk wins at Summerslam but I wouldn't bank on it, gets way too predictable most times, I could possibly see Christian retain the world heavyweight championship and I can see mark henry defeat Sheamus.

Obviously this is more bout Cena/Punk, I kinda like the idea of 2 WWE champions but the way I see it I think its Punk that deserves the title, in the words of Christian people like Cena gets the silver spoon treatment while people like Punk works all their life to get this opportunity and I know Punk hasn't been in WWE as long as Cena has but this is kinda sad to see superman Cena to get the WWE championship just like that.

the storyline so far has got me back into finding WWE interesting, granted the WWE championship match in Money in the Bank was possibly the best match I've seen in a while, even saying that the whole storyline has got me wondering whats next for Punk.

I kinda find it hard to see it becoming a reincarnation of the attitude era, obviously for PG reasons, but I've been noticing more swearing in it than usual which I find it funny cause even the attitude era had kids watching this....

anyways to cut things short I can honestly think Hunter has some good things in store for the WWE universe and I can't wait to see what happens on Raw this week.

Finally, Dementia's Knight has come back...to a wrestling thread he's not been to before. :P

Summer Slam predictions (I'll do Raw reaction last): Punk wins, Christian wins, Mark Henry wins, Nobody cares about Beth Phoenix winning

Smackdown Reaction:

-I am pretty pumped about Seamus and Mark Henry mixing it up. Mark Henry is like a GD gorilla on a rampage (totally not a racial thing) and he needs someone to knock some sense into him. That person will not be Seamus, it'll be Undertaker...at WrestleMania...if the storyline lasts that long.

-Zack Ryder is the Clown Prince of wrestling and I would love to see a ton more of him, and then none of him.

-I hate that John Morrison is a good performer. I hate everything about him, but I can't deny that he puts on a good show.

-R. Truth being on the show and NOT doing one of his crazy ass bits is UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!1!!!!ONE!

-The rest of the show was pretty boring, except for Teddy Long giving the digits to some random girl while sexy music played, that was super...embarrassing.

Raw Reactions:

-Punk is amazing and I hope he doesn't end up losing steam with the crowd and disappearing.

-I LOVE HHH and his CRAZY ideas to have a HUGE title match be the main event for the upcoming PPV! Where does he get those ideas?!

-Beth Phoenix ragdolling Kelly Kelly into the barricade AND shoulder lifting both Bella's was F'ing fantastic, thankfully I couldn't find the remote to skip forward otherwise I would have missed those things.

-The Miz and R. Truth need to be a regular Tag Team. They also need to come out to "Ebony and Ivory" as their entrance music. R. Truth cracks me up and horrifies me at how much of a negative stereotype he is at the same time...Miz is just a D bag

-If they had played that verse from "Cult of Personality" or whatever the hell Cena's thing is one more time, I would have jumped headfirst into the TV.

Yay wrestling!

Quote Originally Posted by DementiasKnight View Post
    Finally, Dementia's Knight has come back...to a wrestling thread he's not been to before. :P

Summer Slam predictions (I'll do Raw reaction last): Punk wins, Christian wins, Mark Henry wins, Nobody cares about Beth Phoenix winning

Smackdown Reaction:

-I am pretty pumped about Seamus and Mark Henry mixing it up. Mark Henry is like a GD gorilla on a rampage (totally not a racial thing) and he needs someone to knock some sense into him. That person will not be Seamus, it'll be Undertaker...at WrestleMania...if the storyline lasts that long.

-Zack Ryder is the Clown Prince of wrestling and I would love to see a ton more of him, and then none of him.

-I hate that John Morrison is a good performer. I hate everything about him, but I can't deny that he puts on a good show.

-R. Truth being on the show and NOT doing one of his crazy ass bits is UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!1!!!!ONE!

-The rest of the show was pretty boring, except for Teddy Long giving the digits to some random girl while sexy music played, that was super...embarrassing.

Raw Reactions:

-Punk is amazing and I hope he doesn't end up losing steam with the crowd and disappearing.

-I LOVE HHH and his CRAZY ideas to have a HUGE title match be the main event for the upcoming PPV! Where does he get those ideas?!

-Beth Phoenix ragdolling Kelly Kelly into the barricade AND shoulder lifting both Bella's was F'ing fantastic, thankfully I couldn't find the remote to skip forward otherwise I would have missed those things.

-The Miz and R. Truth need to be a regular Tag Team. They also need to come out to "Ebony and Ivory" as their entrance music. R. Truth cracks me up and horrifies me at how much of a negative stereotype he is at the same time...Miz is just a D bag

-If they had played that verse from "Cult of Personality" or whatever the hell Cena's thing is one more time, I would have jumped headfirst into the TV.

Yay wrestling!
    Ok not to be too blunt, Undertaker has already defeated Mark Henry at Wrestlemania, we don't need another second match for someone he's already defeated. second, I don't think Mark Henry would be an appropriate superstar for Undertaker, especially if its gonna be his last ever match before retiring and we all know thats gonna happen possibly next year after wrestlemania.

Wow, when I read "not to be too blunt" I was expecting you to call me an idiot or something. Thanks for not doing that BTW.

As for your points, I was unaware Undertaker had already beaten Mark Henry. I suggested that because I thought they would probably put on a good match and I didn't think Taker would be retiring so soon. I withdraw that particular prediction.

Thanks again for not calling me an idiot, I get kinda sick of reading that.

Ok all you wrestling fanatics out there..... WHO owns a replica title belt?!

if you has one show us a picture and I'll start with my World Heavyweight Championship

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02507.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	191.6 KB 
ID:	5396 yes, that is my room in the background :3

I have the kiddie versions, I can't afford a real replica belt but I love having them hanging on my wall. I have the WWE, World Heavyweight, and Undisputed Championship.

I saw some of Raw, but dozed off. I'll say this, I am really liking the HHH angle so far. It was a shot in the arm that was much needed. I also like the CM Punk angle, but I think they should have waited to have him come back at SummerSlam. I'll probably miss SummerSlam this year because I want a quiet weekend after several long weekends out of town. So, I'm not sure if I will see it.

I can't wait to see what happens down the road with things.

WildThing121675

What are those belts made of? They look heavy. Are they heavy? Clearly I do not own one, I actually don't own any wrestling stuff. I was just curious about those replicas. They're neat lookin', but not my cup of tea.

Summer Slam might be pretty awesome this year. I'm pinning all of my hopes on Punk and Cena to deliver another stellar match, but I have a sneaking suspicion that HHH may not be the lovable C.O.O. I thought he was as guest referee. Seamus and Mark Henry might not suck either, so there's that.

Just to clarify, when i said a second coming of the attitude era i didnt mean like content. As in swearing and hookers, i meant more along the lines of popularity. I cant see it becoming that wild again untill the wwe switch networks.

Not to sound like a jerk but i had a real belt not a replica :P but my reign didnt last long, and then i was sposed to be getting another reign but had to retire just as that angle was starting

I'm not looking forward to the henry seamus match. I dont think i have ever seen henry in a good match. And i dont see seamus being able to carry the match.