Thread: What causes ABDL

Lightbulb What causes ABDL

So. I was wondering why I identify as a DL. (still feel shame tho :'( )
    What makes fetishes??
    I think everyone has one, of one sort or another, but just often wont open up about it.

I have a thought about how fixations and fetishes occur. I very much believe that there is a point where a child "fixates" on something, then from that moment onwards it becomes hard wired almost, and impossible to change. I remember at 5 years old not getting these feelings. Then between then and 6 I started wanting and wearing them.

I wondered if theres some internal "thing" that "goes off" and whatever the child is doing; that is it's fixation. So maybe for me, and you guys, you could have seen someone wearing a diaper, been in the diaper isle at a store when that moment happened. If you were, say petting a dog, you could be a furry... Or whatever.

That would explain a lot me think. But I want to know what you thinkss?

I think that most of the stuff people without psychology degrees come up with about being influenced as a child is just junk pop psychology and probably about as effective as random guessing (no offence intended at anyone, that's just my shoot-from-the-hip opinion).

I've been interested in diapers ever since I can remember, so I don't think anything "just clicked", unless it happened before I was 2. I always thought I was probably one of the only people in the world who liked diapers until one day I got brave enough to look at the depends website and found their forums. After reading a grand total of two threads there my BS meter had pretty much overloaded and I realized that there were more people in the world than just me who enjoyed diapers.

Another interesting thing about me though is that I probably had furry tendencies as well. I can remember me and my best friend going through a phase around the ages of 6-7 where we'd pretend we were cats (we even made tails), and liking most movies with animated anthropomorphic animals (especially the animated robin hood). Many many years later after I'd gotten high speed internet, I remember commenting to one of my e-friends about liking someones sig/avatar combination, he just sort of shrugged it off as "yeah, it's a furry, you didn't know that?", I did a bit of on the spot research since I had a keyword to search for and ended up feeling violated; as if I'd somehow been tricked into liking that art style. From that point I had an opposite reaction, even to the point of trying my hand at trolling some lesser known fur channels on irc with my e-friend.

That is a common question among many in the community, and for me, I really am not sure. I have some guesses, like it might be related to my aspergers, but i can't think of any other reasons on why i have gotten these urges.

http://www.adisc.org/forum/content/7...er-loving.html

This is the only reason i can figure out that may be linked to my *b/dlism.

I have no idea, really. I know that I've had these urges for a very long time. I remember a girl in kindergarten who had to wear diapers even though she was older and me, and I remember being jealous. I know that I stopped wearing diapers at a very early age (< 1 year old) and that I got a sibling when I was 2, which could possibly have affected me. It's impossible to say though.

One thing I do know, is that wearing diapers gives me a feeling of security and pleasure. I just feel more content wearing them... I will probably never get rid of this urge, so I might as well embrace it and try to make the best of it...

I suppose I agree with irnub that many/most of us are probably way off in our guesses about how we got to be "this way." Of course, knowing that doesn't deter me from wondering. In fact, I enjoy wondering! My sister was put in my hand-me-down cloth diapers, and I am told that she and I did not play well together (sibling rivalry) at around the time I recall starting to borrow back and use my old diapers. If I had to guess, I'd say jealousy was a big factor. ...but I really have no idea.

-LL

Quote Originally Posted by LilLeaker View Post
    I suppose I agree with irnub that many/most of us are probably way off in our guesses about how we got to be "this way." Of course, knowing that doesn't deter me from wondering. In fact, I enjoy wondering! My sister was put in my hand-me-down cloth diapers, and I am told that she and I did not play well together (sibling rivalry) at around the time I recall starting to borrow back and use my old diapers. If I had to guess, I'd say jealousy was a big factor. ...but I really have no idea.

-LL
    This sounds a bit like my story. I don't remember it, but from what I have been able to put together from my parents stories, this sounds a bit like my story. Except the cloth diapers...

From what I have experienced, becoming a TB in my case was because I had my child-hood taken from me. I won't go into details, but let's just say a combination of a death and another large emotionally traumatic event all within a year of each other when I was in 4th grade was the cause. I believe being a DL was always just in my mind, there because of one reason or another.

I knew I wanted diapers by the time I was 4. I was acting like a baby and my mom told me several times to cut it out. Finally she said that if I didn't stop, she would put be back in diapers, and if I thought she was kidding, she still had them. It was at that moment that I realized that I really wanted to be in diapers, but we were having company and I didn't want them to see me in diapers. I'm sure that's why she said it. Anyway, that would have been my moment that was fixed, so to speak, in my mind. I don't believe however, that it was the cause. I would trace that back to being adopted and potty training. I've written about this is other similar threads. I think there may be an article elaborating these theories. If there isn't, there should be.

I always write a Halloween story for this site, and this year I'm writing a scary diaper story that will deal with some of these issues.

AtheosI

for me, it was almost forced regression. my caretaker up until i was about 4 would treat all of the kids (0-4) all the same. for example, i would still be wearing pull-ups and being spoon-fed cereal at the age of 4. after that, it became jealousy. my niece was born around the time i was 4, and i would steal her diapers and wear them. i wanted to be treated exactly like she was treated, so it was then that i developed the sissy aspect of it. i started regressing and experimenting with ABDL again at the age of 8, and has come to the front of my mind again at the age of 13. my 5 year lapse had to do with getting caught.