Thread: Seeking specific cloth prefold recommendation

Default Seeking specific cloth prefold recommendation

EDIT: Oops. Meant to put this in Diaper Talk. If a Mod sees this and cares to move it, cool. Else I won't complain.

---

The DL side of me is generally "undercover," meaning that avoiding detection is a significant part of what I do. I have also always had a particular affinity for disposable diapers as a result. Neither of these things is likely to change.

However... for those precious (to my DL side) times when I'm alone for a while longer (i.e., with time to do some laundry), I've been contemplating getting some cloth prefold diapers. These are what I was raised in. Specifically, I was raised in Curity-brand "Day and Night" prefold cloth diapers from the late 1970's. They were very soft, and had a thick, quilted center portion. I believe the center portion was more than simply folded gauze, but it's possible I'm wrong about this; I never cut one apart to see what it was stuffed with.

To those of you who wear prefolds: Can you recommend a modern prefold that would be similar (after some number of washings, obviously)? Getting as close as possible to the feel of those Curity diapers is a big part of what I'm after, so suggestions from anybody who wore those diapers as a baby/toddler would be especially valuable.

Very best,
    -LL
    Last edited by Cottontail; 05-Aug-2011 at 17:27.

I know adultclothdiaper.com offers gauze , as do llmedico and changing times diaper co. I don't know how they compare to the ones you mentioned, though.

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by xbabyx View Post
    I know adultclothdiaper.com offers gauze , as do llmedico and changing times diaper co. I don't know how they compare to the ones you mentioned, though.
    Thanks, xbabyx! Those look like the same All Together Diaper Co. diapers that have gotten good reviews on Amazon and elsewhere. Hmmm... *adds to list of contenders*

I've never ordered any variety of diaper without having previously used it, so this should be a small adventure!

-LL

Adventure is good! We have a couple of those from adultclothdiaper.com here, and they hold up well and hold pretty good capacity too. Mr. X especially likes them.

I like baby pants prefold diapers, they are pretty thick and they are soft to me. Of course the experience I have is limited.

I use the cloth pre-fold night weight gauze from adultclothdiaper co., and I like them a lot. Just remember that you will also need to order some plastic pants.