Thread: Hi, my name is Binky

Smile Hi, my name is Binky

I'm trying to write the Great American Novel. So far... I'm not too far into it... But anyway...

I'm an unemployed/underemployed writer with a hand-fed letterpress (a Chandler & Price printing press) background and a Mass Communications degree.

And I drive a Mac. Do you Wild Eeep?

I don't think i wild eeep... but i don't know what that means.

I assume you mean a Mac Truck, or is that a Mac computer with a steering wheel?

Welcome to Adisc. Besides writing what else are you in to?

Also, what brings you to Adisc?

Hey Binky, cool, another writer! You've sparked my interest. Without revealing any secrets, can you give a basic idea of what your "Great American Novel" is about? Also, as this IS a diaper interest site, what brings you here?

You.. drive a Mac? I'm suddenly super jealous!

Welcome to ADISC though! It's always great to see someone post an interesting introduction. How did you find out about us? What is "The Great American Novel"? I hope you find some work soon, that is if your working.

Have a wonderful day!

Smile The meaning of 'I drive a Mac'

Quote Originally Posted by ABalex View Post
    I don't think i wild eeep... but i don't know what that means.

I assume you mean a Mac Truck, or is that a Mac computer with a steering wheel?

Welcome to Adisc. Besides writing what else are you in to?

Also, what brings you to Adisc?
    How technical do you want me to be?

I use (drive) a 12 year-old iMac 266 Rev. C, running MacOS 10.2.8. I started using Macs in college. I attended in the early 80's and later in the late 80's and early 90's.

A old-time Mac user would get the 'Wild Eeep' reference: it is one of the Mac system beeps.

For a while, I bought older macs, upgraded them a bit, and got friends and family onto the internet. The older macs I bought were cheap: they could surf and email, but not play graphics-intensive games.

Wow, I'm so jealous! (gigglemuffinz, stop being so jealous!) I love MAC computers myself though the old one I have has such a slow processor that it's more frustration then fun to use it. I'm jealous (I said it again! xD) of your patience when it comes to that. I don't know how you can do it.

Default My novel...

Quote Originally Posted by gigglemuffinz View Post
    You.. drive a Mac? I'm suddenly super jealous!

Welcome to ADISC though! It's always great to see someone post an interesting introduction. How did you find out about us? What is "The Great American Novel"? I hope you find some work soon, that is if your working.

Have a wonderful day!
    My novel is to be a mystery.

A ex-soldier, sent home is from Iraq with a fairly mild and manageable form of PTSD: he is hyperaware. He notices EVERYTHING.

He was a small unit leader, and after developing PTSD, started having significantly higher success than other units. His unit did not suffer injuries, they avoided entrapments, they caught a sniper alive.

The soldiers in his unit noticed his success first. They also noticed that soldiers had a MUCH greater chance of coming out alive if they were led by him.

The Army failed to replicate through training what he was doing. Eventually, they sent him home.

The local police, and later the FBI noticed him because he was posting on message boards evaluations of evidence and questions of open cases...

HHHHHEEEEYYYYYYY KKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSS!!!

I dunno, your screenname made me think of Binky the Clown from the old Garfield and Friends cartoon. Anyway, welcome!