Thread: Hi there!

Red face Hi there!

I am a male in my mid-twenties, born and raised in cold Norway. I enjoy wearing diapers. I am one of those lucky ones who has found an accepting partner

I started reading this forum a year ago, but just recently joined to be able to partake in the discussions...

I have partly accepted that this is the way I am, and that I will probably wear diapers for the rest of my life...

babyricky11

Hi , anything else about yourself? Like hobbies/interest? But welcome to ADISC, i hope you will find everything to your liking.

Hey welcome to ADISC, hope you like it here! Could you tell us more about yourself

Well, I am a computer engineer and I'm interested in general technology and science. I may sound a bit nerdy, but I don't even wear glasses I'm not especially fond of hiking trips and the likes, but I like fishing. I'm also above average interested in music and hifi, but I don't own a $1000+ power cord and I never will

Any specific questions? Thanks for your replies...

Hi there, welcome to ADISC! I hope you are having a fun time already, and I'm sorry it took me a bit to reply to this post! In fact, I'm squeezing this out before I head over to Taco Bell so forgive me for any glaring typo's or anything. I really wanted to welcome you to the site before I forget though, because I know a warm welcome counts. If you have any questions about anything, you can ask it here and I'll jump at the chance to help you, along with many of the wonderful members here. Every member is precious, so I hope you stick around and show us how amazing you really are.

I think glasses aren't just nerdy, they are also super stylish and can really make a face so much full of life.. but then again without them is just fine too.You asked for some questions, so prepare yourself for some questions!

What is your favorite colour?

What type of science intrigues you the most? I mean, I can definitely say I like science myself.. but when I say that I'm "mostly" talking about Astronomy and just general outer space knowledge. I used to devour books on the planets and the stars, and I used to have a telescope too.

What's hifi, and why are you interested in it? This might be silly for me to ask instead of just google searching, but it gives you a chance to explain why you are interested in it too.

Do you read much, and if you do what is your favorite type of book and author?

Oh, and if you want me to reply super fast, please quote me. I (and maybe others) can be a bit scatterbrained, and if someone is quoted in another post they get a notification. A neat little trick to know if you want to make sure someone reads your post, but make sure you use it responsibly and only when it fits! Quoting the questions though is totally acceptable.

Someone from Norway! Hurray! I love Norway. I lived there for a while, and wouldn't mind living there again.

Anyway...

I would like to be one of the first to say velkommen, og jeg håper at alt skal gå bra med opplevelsen din her på adisc!

Its nice to see another computer guy here in the forum, it'll be interesting to have discussions with someone else who is into technology and that world that it encompasses. Its not necessarily one of my hobbies, but I do keep up on it, and like to see the new technologies that are emerging on a regular basis. I also have a computer job, and keeping up with technology kind of goes with the territory of I.T. Have you had any opportunity to work with brand new technology, or help develop some of it?

As for being interested in music, I'd love to hear what bands you are interested in, and what ones are your favorites to listen to. What concerts have you been to, any? The bands from Norway I really do like are Kaizers Orchestra and Kråkesølv. I obviously don't know who your favorites are, but I'd like to find out.

It'll be fun to get to know you! Have fun and hope to see lots of posts from you!

Supersam1223

Music, let's talk music!

Oh yeah, welcome to ADISC I hope you like it here!

Quote Originally Posted by gigglemuffinz View Post
    Hi there, welcome to ADISC! I hope you are having a fun time already, and I'm sorry it took me a bit to reply to this post! In fact, I'm squeezing this out before I head over to Taco Bell so forgive me for any glaring typo's or anything. I really wanted to welcome you to the site before I forget though, because I know a warm welcome counts. If you have any questions about anything, you can ask it here and I'll jump at the chance to help you, along with many of the wonderful members here. Every member is precious, so I hope you stick around and show us how amazing you really are.

I think glasses aren't just nerdy, they are also super stylish and can really make a face so much full of life.. but then again without them is just fine too.You asked for some questions, so prepare yourself for some questions!

What is your favorite colour?

What type of science intrigues you the most? I mean, I can definitely say I like science myself.. but when I say that I'm "mostly" talking about Astronomy and just general outer space knowledge. I used to devour books on the planets and the stars, and I used to have a telescope too.

What's hifi, and why are you interested in it? This might be silly for me to ask instead of just google searching, but it gives you a chance to explain why you are interested in it too.

Do you read much, and if you do what is your favorite type of book and author?

Oh, and if you want me to reply super fast, please quote me. I (and maybe others) can be a bit scatterbrained, and if someone is quoted in another post they get a notification. A neat little trick to know if you want to make sure someone reads your post, but make sure you use it responsibly and only when it fits! Quoting the questions though is totally acceptable.
    Wow! The welcome here has been a pleasant surprise! What a wonderful community...

I am on my way to bed, so I'll just briefly cover the questions

My favorite color depends on where the color is, I'd say. I love the color of the clear waters in the shallows of the Pacific Ocean. If i had to pick one, I would probably go for blue...

Every aspect of science is fascinating, but I think biology is the area which is most awe-inspiring for me. Everything from how life can come into existence, to the apparent "perfection" of living creatures. I also like astronomy, which I had a bigger interest in when I was younger. Biochemistry and neurochemistry/pharmacology is also a very interesting subject. The fact that every feeling we have, be it pure ecstasy or fear and anxiety, is brought on by chemicals flooding the synapses of the brain, really intrigues me. Science and nature is amazing!

Hifi is "high fidelity", or just "good sound" to use a simple explanation. My interest there has grown along with my taste for music. Listening to great music from a good set of speakers is very rewarding for me, and gives me great pleasure

I used to read much when I was a kid. Probably too much. In the later years, I haven't read many novels. I still read some when on vacation, but not nearly enough to say I read "much". I just started reading "A Song of Ice and Fire" (A Game of Thrones) by George R. R. Martin.

Thanks for your post

Music, let's talk music!

Oh yeah, welcome to ADISC I hope you like it here!

Bring it on What do you like? I have went through most genres during my years

Someone from Norway! Hurray! I love Norway. I lived there for a while, and wouldn't mind living there again.
    Norway is pretty good, but the climate here (at least where I live now) really sucks and is the biggest drawback for me.

Så, hvor i Norge bodde du? Det ser ut som du har plukket opp en del norsk, så jeg regner med du har bodd her en stund? Godt å høre at du likte deg her

I have not yet worked with new "cool" technology, no. Nothing interesting enough to discuss any further, anyway I hope to have some cool stories one day, so when that day comes, I'll come back to you!

Unfortunately, Norway doesn't have many great musicians. My local favorites are "The Samuel Jackson Five" and "Youth Pictures of Florence Hendersson", both in the post-rock genre. Lately I have been listening more to electronic music though. The danish artist "Trentemøller" has some really nice tracks, but most of what I listen to is fairly unknown. Which genres are you into?

--

Sorry about this messy reply, I initially forgot to reply with quote :p

Quote Originally Posted by Abris View Post

Så, hvor i Norge bodde du? Det ser ut som du har plukket opp en del norsk, så jeg regner med du har bodd her en stund? Godt å høre at du likte deg her
    Jeg har bodd i Oslo, Halden, Kristiansand, og Stavanger. Det var ikke en lang tid, nesten til et år, men dar var nok for å lære litt norsk.

As for bands that I am into, I'm a huge fan of Incubus, Muse, and Minus the Bear. Although this is the case I worked as a DJ at an alternative rock radio station for several years, and have an appreciation for tons of different artists and genres. However, I am not a fan of rap.

Hopefully you're having a good time here so far in the community.

Du har bodd litt rundt omkring, ser jeg! Du er rimelig god i norsk for å ha bodd her så kort tid.. hvorfor var du i Norge?

I'm familiar with Incubus and Muse, but it's been a few years since I've listened to either... I listen to everything from good old Zero 7 to Skrillex-like stuff, depending on mood and setting. I can also appreciate tons of different artist, and I can like almost every genre, even some "rap" (not really sure if it qualifies as rap, but it's definitely hip hop). An example of rap i can endure is this:

‪Tommy tee feat Warlocks - Takin' ova‬‏ - YouTube

Norwegian rapper..

Another genre I rarely lend my ear to is country, but there's probably some bearable music even there...