Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diaper Short List

Default Diaper Short List

In a few months I will be able to buy some diapers online, but I don't really know what to get, so I have assembled a short list of what I have been able to gather are good premium diapers. I will buy sample packs of them and then decide what I like best. My list is:

Fabine
    Dry 24/7
    Abena Abriform M4
    Wellness
    Attends
    Tena
    Tranquility

Are these all top shelf diapers? Have I left out any top shelf Diapers? I know that the whole thing will cost a bit to sample them all, but I consider it an investment and I know of a way to make the money.

Those all are definitely worth trying. Make sure you get the Euro Tenas, which are expensive as all hell to ship here but so nice. I can't really think of anything to add to the list, except maybe cloth stuff.

Happy shopping!

I guess I should put together a cloth list too, but it will be much longer for cloth diapers to be feasable because I would need my own laundry room. I will be going to college soon and will have a single room, so disposables are feasable, but it's too risky to try to wash cloth diapers in the student washers.

Quote Originally Posted by Smonjith View Post
    In a few months I will be able to buy some diapers online, but I don't really know what to get, so I have assembled a short list of what I have been able to gather are good premium diapers. I will buy sample packs of them and then decide what I like best. My list is:

Fabine
    Dry 24/7
    Abena Abriform M4
    Wellness
    Attends
    Tena
    Tranquility

Are these all top shelf diapers? Have I left out any top shelf Diapers? I know that the whole thing will cost a bit to sample them all, but I consider it an investment and I know of a way to make the money.
    I think you need to know what you want.
    Here is how I would break down your short list of disposable.
    Fabine - Unknown quality.... plus it is so back ordered you might not get a chance to order it for at least 6 months
    Dry 24/7 - My current diaper of choice. If you fit somewhere between a large and a medium these are absolutely awesome. They have great absorbancy, but the drawback is there is a lot of padding that makes this difficult to conceal under business attire. Depending on your urinary disposition this could last you all day or 3 good size floodings. If you want a thick diaper for just playing around these are great too.
    Abena Abriform M4 - The diaper of choice for most here. I never cared for them much because the fit was always off for me, but it could be considered the median
    Wellness - Skip these. They are way too expensive and do not do what they promise. You are basically buying a more expensive, colored version of Tranquility
    Attends - There are several varieties of attends and I am told their heavy duty is actually very good. If your goal is just to wear and not wet these are an affordable choice. I would not trust these to a flooding
    Tena - The American versions are not that great imo. The European version is awesome and well worth it, but I don't think the cost balances out. If you happen to be in europe, by all means, stock up, but I would not break the bank getting them.
    Tranquility- These are great diapers for the price. The wick fast, but don't expect more than one wetting if you are a heavy wetter.
    There are two brands you missed.
    Molicare - The slimmer molicare is a great discreet diaper that will hold a lot. The super plus is comparable to the Abenas
    Bambinos - These are on a lot of people's list as top diaper because they hold up, they have baby prints.

Like I said, it is good to know what you want out of your diaper before you sink a lot of money into it. For pure function I suggest the dry24/7. For discreet use molicare, tranquility, atteneds. For baby fun, Bambinos.

Hope that helps you with your list.

Quote Originally Posted by irataliw View Post
    Dry 24/7 - My current diaper of choice. If you fit somewhere between a large and a medium these are absolutely awesome. They have great absorbancy, but the drawback is there is a lot of padding that makes this difficult to conceal under business attire. Depending on your urinary disposition this could last you all day or 3 good size floodings. If you want a thick diaper for just playing around these are great too.
    Abena Abriform M4 - The diaper of choice for most here. I never cared for them much because the fit was always off for me, but it could be considered the median

Like I said, it is good to know what you want out of your diaper before you sink a lot of money into it. For pure function I suggest the dry24/7. For discreet use molicare, tranquility, atteneds. For baby fun, Bambinos.

I think I will get two kinds. One really thick and absorbant one for use in my room and one more discreet one to use out and about. You mention sizing is an issue deciding between the Dry 24/7 and the Abena X Plus. I have a 38 inch waist, so which one should I get?

For a discreet diaper what would you suggest? For a 38 inch waist, what is the most absorbant diaper that is reasonably discreet?

Thanks very much for your replies, everybody. You are all being very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Smonjith View Post
    I think I will get two kinds. One really thick and absorbant one for use in my room and one more discreet one to use out and about. You mention sizing is an issue deciding between the Dry 24/7 and the Abena X Plus. I have a 38 inch waist, so which one should I get?

For a discreet diaper what would you suggest? For a 38 inch waist, what is the most absorbant diaper that is reasonably discreet?

Thanks very much for your replies, everybody. You are all being very helpful.
    I am about a 38 waist, but I have large thighs 27" so for me the medium 24/7's fit like a dream. For out and about I suggest any of the three I mentioned (I am still in the process of picking too) However, while out and about though, for both odor control and noise, you want to wear plastic pants. Plastic pants SUCK for heat, but they have come out with something awesome that I use exclusively now. You can get the here, or other places too, but they allow breath-ability so you are not sweating to death.

Quote Originally Posted by irataliw View Post

Molicare - The slimmer molicare is a great discreet diaper that will hold a lot. The super plus is comparable to the Abenas

Do the molicares come in blue? I don't like purple.

Then I will probably go with attends or tranquility for discreetness. Thanks very much! You realy helped out!

Final list:
    Dry 24/7
    Abena X Plus
    Tranquility
    Attends

I'd probably go for the Abena M3/4 and the Bambino Classico. Okay, I'd put Wellness there just because they're blue and thick but that's just me.