Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maybe...

Question Maybe...

I'm starting to lose muscle control.
    I've been a bed wetter until the age of nine and my parents signed me up for a super radical treatment against bed wetting, and it worked, but this week, I'm waking up more and more often with soaked boxers. I worry that this might spread to daytime. Am I imagining things or should I really worry.

Please help.

Hi - I don't think you are imagining things, but you might be worrying unneccsesarily. Many people have bedwetting problems and only a few of us find they develop daytime wetting. I think this is because the cause of bedwetting is often very differenet to daytime incontinence. Ask yourself if when you were 8 or 9 the bedwetting was acccompanied by daytime accidents at a greater frequency than might be expected for someone of that age. My guess is the problem was limited to when you were asleep then, and is likely to be limited to sleep-wetting now.

This is not to say you shouldn't get checked out and see if a doctor can suggest treatment, "super radical" or otherwise that might help prevent the accidents in bed. The likely outcome is that you will solve the problem, but it is important to have the check because any change in patterns of urination/control could (ok only rarely) indicate the start of something more serious that needs dealing with before it gets worse.

Please don't worry - just get the information and re-assurance you need from a doctor. It is natural to be concerned and i can remember being very anxious when I was in my twenties because I kept having spells of bedwetting - they didn't affect my control when I was awake and it was not until 30 years later that a new set of health problems rendered me much less able to keep dry in the day.

Hope this helps, kick me if it doesn't!.

Dayandnight already said a lot of good things, but ask yourself if you notice differencee in your daytime voiding. Are you feeling less able to hold in, do you go to the toilet more often, have more urgency to go and so on...

If it persist in the next week and/or have also daytime differences you should discuss it with you parents and get a appointement with your doctor. It could be a bladder infection and that could (notice : could) lead to incontinence problems.

But for now don't worry and relax. Maybe you are just too tensed for your radical bedwetting treatment

Quote Originally Posted by bedwett View Post
    Dayandnight already said a lot of good things, but ask yourself if you notice differencee in your daytime voiding. Are you feeling less able to hold in, do you go to the toilet more often, have more urgency to go and so on...
    Well, I go one or two times more than usual and it seems to become an emergency a lot faster than usual.

Crinkle, you really ought to go to the doctor. It might be nothing as has been said, but it could also be a swelling prostrate, which would cause those symptoms as it puts pressure on your bladder. I don't know how old you are, but I had my first prostrate exam at age 26 because of a lot of pain. It is embarrassing and unpleasant, but definitely worth your time as most really bad medical problems can be minimized if detected early. Still, given your age it is probably nerves for the procedure.

Like already said talk to your parents and go to the doctor. 1 or 2 times more is not shocking, doctors do talk about couple of times during the day/night (frequency) if this equal or above 8 you might have an overactive bladder.

I don't know how old you are, but when I got incontinence problems and went to the doctor (and also the urologist I later visited) he ruled out prostate issues because of my age (20). It could be an infection and this has to be treated in order not to get serious health stuff.

But don't worry..stress can play an important role in all this

Well, since it seem to be something of importance, I'm 18. The other major problem is that my parents tend to overreact, so if I talk to them about it they'll start to panic and if it's only me imagining thing, they'll send me to a shrink . This is the outcome I really don't want. On the other hand, if there's a true problem, they are bound to find out and I really don't want to put my health on the line.

There's a lot of thing my parents do not know about me and if they find out about one thing, they'll want to know the rest.
    I'm really stuck here.

---------- Post added at 01:25 ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bedwett View Post

But don't worry..stress can play an important role in all this
    I can't say that I'm stressed, I'm just concerned so I seek guidance from people way wiser than me. I really appreciate the support.

You're old enough to see a doctor on your own without your parents needing to know unless it turns out to be something serious.

Age does help to determine the probabilities in age-related illness...but, whats this "super radical treatment" you speak of? I understand that's been about 9 years ago yes? Have you been 'wearing' more often lately?

Sleep issues?

Heavy lifting?

Change in diet?

You say you are worried about this spreading to daytime...How do you feel about it happening while you sleep (nighttime)?

If there are no other symptoms (painful, cloudy urination, increased urgency, decreased/restricted urine out, fevers, nausea...etc)...in other words, if it's JUST sleep-wetting...you may see what another week brings...mind that you are eating, drinking, and sleeping appropriately.

Note, that it is often better to have the doctor check, and find it to be of no significance...than the alternatives...

"and it seems to become an emergency a lot faster than usual. "
    seems to indicate an irritation...you should find out what is irritating your system...causing this urgency!

regards,
    -Marka

If you're 18, your parents can't make you see a shrink. Unless they'll kick you out otherwise. Do your parents know about your fetish(if you have one)? What's the deal with them knowing "everything"?

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk