Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is with restricting access?

Default What is with restricting access?

I must say that this is the FIRST forum I have visited in the many years that I have been on the internet that restricts viewing of posts, hence forcing people to actually post something if they wish to read some of the stories.

Have you actually thought that people may not actually wish to post anything?

I have not seen any posting/faq that states posting is mandatory or you will lose viewing rights.

Most likely this post will either be deleted, or I will be banned.

But the bottom line is, I am NOT going to post an introduction or give out information on myself if I am no inclined to do so.

It is a shame as there were a couple of stories that I would have liked to continue reading.

Oh well.

I've been on the site for a few days now and have not come across any forum topics that were restricted. Where are you seeing this?

Well, I guess not everything is necessarily for free. We are a community, not primarily a story site, so whatever restriction you're experiencing, it might even probably a karmic response to something idiotic you've done in the past. If you didn't cut that old lady off in the road, you'd be able to view the stories; if you didn't punch that guy in the mouth in high-school, you'd be able to view the stories.

Our stories are written by members for other members to read -- if that's all you're here for, find another site with stories that wil suit your interests. This is a community of support and safety, and personally, I'm totally fine with the idea of random lurkers -- regardless of whether the restriction comes from our end or your end -- not being able to see something like that.

If you are interested in introducing yourself, please do so -- you don't have to reveal any personal information, and what you're missing out on is being a part of one of the most well-run and clean communities associated with the lifestyle. If you're not interested, that's fine too, but let's not make tears about it.

Quote Originally Posted by wimsett View Post
    I must say that this is the FIRST forum I have visited in the many years that I have been on the internet that restricts viewing of posts, hence forcing people to actually post something if they wish to read some of the stories.

I have not seen any posting/faq that states posting is mandatory or you will lose viewing rights.

But the bottom line is, I am NOT going to post an introduction or give out information on myself if I am no inclined to do so.

It is a shame as there were a couple of stories that I would have liked to continue reading.

Oh well.
    well, you make a good point, but i think rance said it all.

anyways lighten up, were not going to just delete the post because you may have a different view of things.. and why would we ban you, you havent done anything wrong mate, but in the spirit of 'lighen up' it also means, dont be so uptight, i didnt think id ever want to post when i joined, but you find theres stuff that catches your eye. just well do what comes naturally. trust me youll enjoy it

Darkfinn

If you care so little... why post at all?

^^ What he said.

And we get people that don't post but once and never come back.

I've seen things like this on a few other sites...But for them, you actually have to post more than once to be able to have some more access...All you have to do though is post once, and within an hour you'll be up a rank...And once you get 20 posts (and no neg rep), you'll go up to regular...With another board to access...But it's really not that big of a deal...If you really hate it that much, then like you said, there are other sites where you don't have to do this

Peachy

Two simple reasons:

(1) This is a forum - if no one posts, no one has anything to read. That's why we have to make people post something.

(2) This forum deals with sensitive topics involving people's private parts and sexual aspects, while this forum is open to minors. That means we have to be careful who we allow to see sensitive parts of the forum to make sure no pedophiles or perverts come in here. In other words: If you don't trust us with your sensitive information, we won't trust you with ours either. And I'm afraid you have to make the first step in order to prove to us that you're not a threat to this site and its members. Obviously, we can't figure that out if you remain silent.

Peachy

Countdown

Quote Originally Posted by wimsett

Oh well.
    Oh, boo ****ing hoo. Cry me a river.

Have YOU thought that maybe we like active members here at ADISC and encourage our members to contribute, instead of just lurk around and read stories. No, you clearly didn't contemplate it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by wimsett View Post

Oh well.
    Well there's sites out there that charge 20 dollars or a monthly fee for entry. Its also not hard to be a regular here there is plenty of stuff to talk about here and not just about diapers. The off-topic section rocks, same with the Mature section.