Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quitting Smoking

jammy01

Default Quitting Smoking

I have smoked since the age of 15 (at leat). On Friday 22nd July I quit!

For the first 3 years while I was still at boarding school, I smoked 4 a day (in the holidays 4 - 20 a day). When I left school I crept up to 20 a day.

So I have been smoking 20 a day for 2 years (per pack: 6.00, $9.80 and 6.90). After quitting I feel rich.

I found that nappies/diapers helped me to deal with the cravings... e.t.c

anyone else found that nappies/diapers helped

Jammy01

I have been smoking since I was 13 (now i'm 14) and found that my paci helped. I also have high anxiety so i guess i use my paci as a stress relief also (same as I did with smoking) but i guess that your putting one healthier thing (AB/TB/DL) in place for the bad thing (smoking) Its one of the more common treatments for smoking and nicotine addiction. AND I DID QUIT.
    Last edited by WhiteWolf2; 04-Aug-2011 at 12:00.

Congratulations for quitting smoking! Of course, your lungs will thank you very much for that.

Yep, diapers can be great stress reliever and it worked for me in the past. I don't smoke, of course, but I have been in stressful situations before. Besides, wearing diapers is way healther than smoking! Yay for that.

jammy01

In the gym I noticed a huge difference immediately. I could run faster and longer, plus each time I wake up, I can feel all that nicotine and smoke disappearing each time I push myself on the treadmill.

Thanks for the encouragement... It means a lot.

Jammy01 x

Congratulations on your new-found life sans cigarettes. I have never smoked in my life and for now I don't plan to but still here to send my regards. I do agree with the other posters here in their description of *B/DL items as stress relievers.

I've been smoking for a little over 5 years. This is day 2 of quitting. I've quit before for a few months, but this needs to seriously be the end for me. Honestly, I didn't even realize it, but I've been in a diaper almost all the time the last 2 days since quitting....

I found that wanting to regress and feel little was a motivating factor for quitting. Smelling like an ashtray didn't fit into the image that I wanted. I also felt so much better after I quit. Quitting was one of the best things I ever did. Congratulations on giving it up. There are no benefits to smoking, and the negatives are vast, including premature death.

CONGRATS! Ive been cigarette free since last december and have felt better since. I don't get sick like I used to and can definitly breath better. I do not plan on starting back this time like I did before. I still have days where I would love to have a smoke and just days where im extremly stressful for no reason. Diapers are definitly a stress relieved and help me get through rough days. Good luck to you and I hope you can stay nicotine free! If you have a bad day, pad up!

This isn't completely related (Well, it is really) but I felt it was appropriate. First, congratulations, and I hope you can stick off them. Secondly, I would like to share my personal experience of cigarettes.
    My Grandad died in February of Lung Cancer, caused my smoking cigarettes, even though he quit 5 years previously. When we first heard he had cancer, we were distraught, obviously: We knew right then and there that eventually he would die from it. The year between then and his death was okay, for the first half at least: He then had a fit of sorts induced by the tumour and was in hospital overnight. He came out, but then it happened again, and he went back into hospital. Just after that incident he got pneumonia. He was in hospital for three whole weeks and they thought that was it. I thought that was it. Some minor miracle got him out of hospital. He fell into a coma the next day. His breath was like when you have a really bad cough. He died two days later. I really hope you can quit, for your sake.

-Gabe

Quote Originally Posted by curiouswill View Post
    I have been smoking since I was 13 (now i'm 14) and found that my paci helped. I also have high anxiety so i guess i use my paci as a stress relief also (same as I did with smoking) but i guess that your putting one healthier thing (AB/TB/DL) in place for the bad thing (smoking) Its one of the more common treatments for smoking and nicotine addiction.
    Smoking at 14?
    You need to quit NOW

smoking that young is so bad for you...