Thread: who has flown since TSA diaper fiasco

Default who has flown since TSA diaper fiasco

I might be going on travailing for work in the next couple of months. I would like to fly while diapered but i am more worried now about going to the TSA check points. I would like to know who as flown since the TSA fiasco and did they give you any trouble?

I haven't flown since last summer.. I would like to say though that if you do want to fly padded, I suggest waiting until you're actually on the plane. Once you're in the air, put it on in the bathroom. Risking it in front of the TSA would be bad..

If your wearing thru the security point and TSA makes a big deal of it, complain to the supervisors, Airport PD and Airline. It's not illegal to wear diapers and they don't need to know why your wearing them. Last I check it's none of there business. If they by some strange reason make you take it off, just pee everywhere

Default after security

Unless you're willing to miss your flight or they're an absolute necessity I'd wait till after security. You can use a restroom there, you don't have to wait till you're on the plane.

Here's an article on a woman in Florida who was told to remove her wet depends... it's probably just not worth the hassle unless you're willing to be the martyr for a point.

The New Ms. Jean Weber and TSA Boogai.net

As I understand it was because her diaper was soiled, and the machine wouldn't work...
    I flew to Japan a few weeks ago, soon after that incident and was heavily diapered and nervous because the person I was traveling with doesn't know I wear diapers. I was expecting this large monitor that would show everything to everybody around, but there was none of that (The images are sent to someone and not for the people to see). I suggest wearing sandals, shorts/ pants with drawstrings instead of a belt and nothing even remotely metallic. I would also suggest not being wet or soiled when stepping through. Make sure you are dry as the liquids might be what set off the alarms.

I have traveled several times and I know the TSA can see my diapers in my carry on and the diaper in my vest to change in the plane should the need arise. They have never stopped me or groped me.

I too have not had any problems traveling while wearing, even after the recent "diaper incidents." As others have said, use common sense and be reasonable. I think the idea of being dry when you go through security will probably help. I had to go through the full body scanner recently at MSP(Minneapolis) and the TSA agent repeatedly reminded everyone in that line to make SURE there was nothing in our pockets or anywhere else on the body that would confuse the scanner, which would result in a full-body pat-down. If you are in an airport that uses the full-body scanners, you might want to diaper-up after the scanner; just carry the diapers in your carry-on bag and you should not have any problems.

I'd avoid wearing something more flashy like Bambinos for the flight but I don't think you should worry any more about the TSA than you normally would have. If they were to select you for additional searching before what would have prevented you from being exposed then?

I have flown here recently, I had no issues what so ever, I had to do the pat down because my chair would obviously set the alarm off. But they were friendly, professional, and understanding. No mention of a diaper ever came up. I do not actually think they knew I was wearing one or if they did it was not brought up at any point. They were focusing on my chair more than myself. But then again its a kick ass chair. But as I said no issues what so ever.

I was thinking of put the diapers in my carrier on bag with the laptops and all the wires. Not really to hide them but since i dont trust checking my laptop. But don't you think you will get more questions about having them in your check bag and not having one on?

Quote Originally Posted by lilmarv View Post
    I was thinking of put the diapers in my carrier on bag with the laptops and all the wires. Not really to hide them but since i dont trust checking my laptop. But don't you think you will get more questions about having them in your check bag and not having one on?
    No, not their business. Who is to say you don't sleep on the plane and fear you might wet in your sleep? There are many different type of incontinence. And there is no way on earth anyone, except a pervert dl is going to try to see if you are wearing a diaper because you have one in your bag. Besides, the people checking your body are not the same as those checking your things. Just act natural and you are fine.