Thread: Hello to everyone!

halfblind79

Default Hello to everyone!

Hi all,

I've been a member of this site for a long time, but I've never really interacted with this community site for a number of a reasons. The most obvious was privacy and having to keep my "AB/DL" side unnoticed by my roommate. Also, I don't know what I could say that would be any different from anyone else.

That said, I'll give a brief background into me. Currently I live (w/ family) near Denver, CO, am going on 32 yrs old, and I was originally a bedwetter up until I reached age 13, and then after a visit to a urologist, I was "cured". I started wearing diapers for fun when I started working at 17, and haven't stopped since (with exception of the occasional break here and there due to either job loss, lack of funds, etc). I've no girlfriend, but I'm still hopeful I'll meet a young lady who's not opposed to being a DL. I know, wishful thinking, but hey a man can dream, right?

Aside from the ab/dl thing, I grew up in many places such as Orange County, California and other places throughout the region. My family moved around a lot growing up, so making friends and keeping them were two totally separate challenges. I was also born partially blind due to a birth defect, and that defect has led to other problems that I won't go into here (for now).

For right now, though, I am just on this site to meet new friends, and perhaps meet a few in person if I'm lucky enough. It'll be a pleasure to get to know some new folks. Thanks for letting me be a part of your community here.

~Jeffy 2011

Odl9791

Wow. I'm about an hour away. I'm a 32 yr old dl. I've been here for a week and I've found some helpful info. Hope you enjoy yourself here.

Hey there, welcome to ADISC! It's been a while since I got the pleasure of welcoming someone, so I hope I'm not too rusty!

I love that my first introduction was a good one, I really feel like you already have painted a great picture of some of what you are. It's neat to know where you have been and what you are here to do. I would love to get to know you and be a friend, but the first question I have is.. what are your hobbies and non-AB/DL interests? There must be some other things you enjoy that make you excited, and I really would love to hear about them.

I do hope the problems you have faced in your life were not all that difficult, but this is a wonderful support community that I believe would love to support you in not just your AB/DL interests, but any problems you are facing in life.

Welcome again and I hope you have a wonderful time.

thewisher24

Welcome!! Just like you I had my account for a while without using it. What interests do you have that are non AB/DL?

halfblind79

Quote Originally Posted by gigglemuffinz View Post
    Hey there, welcome to ADISC! It's been a while since I got the pleasure of welcoming someone, so I hope I'm not too rusty!

I love that my first introduction was a good one, I really feel like you already have painted a great picture of some of what you are. It's neat to know where you have been and what you are here to do. I would love to get to know you and be a friend, but the first question I have is.. what are your hobbies and non-AB/DL interests? There must be some other things you enjoy that make you excited, and I really would love to hear about them.

I do hope the problems you have faced in your life were not all that difficult, but this is a wonderful support community that I believe would love to support you in not just your AB/DL interests, but any problems you are facing in life.

Welcome again and I hope you have a wonderful time.
    Interests and hobbies not related to AB/DL are many. I have strong interests in weapons (particularly swords/fencing), computer technology (OK, I have to be honest here, I'm a tech-geek thru and thru whether it's computers or tech gadgets, I'm a sponge when it comes to tech!), model ships (mostly sci-fi), and I enjoy playing checkers, chess, video games (especially World of Warcraft, very helpful wearing diapers while playing WoW), watching movies and TV (again, mostly sci-fi). I'm a big Star Trek/Star Wars/Stargate fan. I've got all six Star Wars films, some Star Trek films, and just about every season of Stargate SG1/Atlantis (and the SG1 movies). I used to be into street racing when I had owned a 1996 Pontiac Firebird (V6), but shortly thereafter it was repo'ed, and gave up that life due to my vision problems. But it was fun to tell people "You got OWNED by a half blind driver!" LOL You can imagine the humiliated looks on their faces.

I'm also a lover of music. I enjoy just about every genre out there, with some exceptions, and I do play some instruments. I recently bought a guitar, I did play drums for a while (you can thank Phil Collins for that), and I still want to learn to play piano/keyboard. I know I'm gonna sound like the ultimate geek, but when it comes to topics like science and math, I'm totally geek'ed. LOL I've also got interests in history as well. Something about it just simply fascinates me!

I won't get into too much detail about my medical problems, but I will say I've had my share of challenges, both in school, and in dealing with work. But my diaper wearing did start as a result of my early childhood bedwetting. Suffice it to say, I've overcome a lot of those challenges, and still have more to get through. But I'm workin on them! :-D

And my formal welcome to ADISC!
    I know what its like bedwetting a long time, i wet everynight (even with alarms + medicines) until i outgrew it at 14 (right after i finished the 8th grade).
    Who would ahve ever guessed at 11, i would start to like diapers and all of this...
    be cool,
    - Will

Hi halfblind,
    and welcome to the group, I'm sure you will find plenty of people to chat to, however you mention meeting up in your intro and this really isn't what Adisc is about, and you may find that part of your intro get's snipped by the mods. try having a look at https://www.adisc.org/forum/announce...697-rules.html as there is a lot of very usefull information on there for new and old members.

halfblind79

Quote Originally Posted by halfblind79 View Post
    Hi all,

For right now, though, I am just on this site to meet new friends, and perhaps meet a few in person if I'm lucky enough. It'll be a pleasure to get to know some new folks. Thanks for letting me be a part of your community here.

~Jeffy 2011

Quote Originally Posted by PCBaby View Post
    Hi halfblind,
    and welcome to the group, I'm sure you will find plenty of people to chat to, however you mention meeting up in your intro and this really isn't what Adisc is about, and you may find that part of your intro get's snipped by the mods. try having a look at https://www.adisc.org/forum/announce...697-rules.html as there is a lot of very usefull information on there for new and old members.
    Perhaps I should rephrase then. I don't intend to make this site my personal "hook-up" spot if that's what the interpretation was. I was speaking in general terms. Just thought I'd clarify.

---------- Post added at 20:27 ---------- Previous post was at 20:20 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by halfblind79 View Post
    Perhaps I should rephrase then. I don't intend to make this site my personal "hook-up" spot if that's what the interpretation was. I was speaking in general terms. Just thought I'd clarify.

Besides, I'm probably one of the more introverted and anti-social people than a lot of folks in this world, so when I say lucky enough what I really mean is if I'm brave enough and if I even feel daring enough to try. Doesn't mean I'd actually do it. In fact, one particular lady (Doubt she's ABDL) has been somewhat aggressive trying to get me to meet with her in person for the last 8 months, and I've yet to do it. I'm chicken SH** when it comes to face-to-face meetups.

Hello to all friends!

I am Mov wills here and this is my first Hello to all..

Hi Movwills,
    welcome to the group, but what you need to do is to start a new thread and introduce yourself properly to everyone in the forum.