Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Election Debates?????

  1. #1

    Default Election Debates?????

    I don't get it! I try to stay informed when elections are coming up, but i seriously don't understand debates anymore.

    Question: How would you cut the budget?
    Answer 1: I would take a look at everything and make sure to provide all the services and see where i can cut beyond that.
    Answer 2: Well I would make any cuts possible after making sure all of the services are covered.
    Answer 3: (The Crazy Guy) I would cut everything and then look at what services we need and start those from scratch.

    THEY ALL ANSWER THE SAME!!! Except for the 1 crazy 3rd party guy that they always throw in.

    No one ever seems to say what they will actually do, they just give the same vague answers so they do not offend anyone.

    Agree/Disagree?

  2. #2

    Default

    The mechanics of the government are just like the mechanics of a playground.

    You have the people who have been there a while and who have a lot of friends making the rules for the games.
    You have the new people who want to be different or the ones sucking up to fit in.
    You have fights where everyone gets upset but eventually the problem gets solved and people are just left with a frowny face.

  3. #3

    Default

    The only problem is i haven't seen any problems solved in the last 8 years (since i started voting).

  4. #4

    Default

    It our way, we kick the can down the road instead of trying to fix anything. I'd be shocked if any real reform is done in the next 4 year (on the budget), if you try to do something significant, the party goes ape-shit (or the other party, or both). Not to mention voters seem to be fickle as all hell (what? the democrats didn't use magic pixie dust and fix the economy in 2 years? VOTE THEM OUT!!!).

    Lets not even start on the typical talking points of B.S. that voters seem to always buy. I.E. the most recent: Change, change change! and jobs, jobs, jobs! Amazing how little changed, and how focused the congress has been on jobs in the past year eh?

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by ABalex View Post
    I don't get it! I try to stay informed when elections are coming up, but i seriously don't understand debates anymore.

    Question: How would you cut the budget?
    Answer 1: I would take a look at everything and make sure to provide all the services and see where i can cut beyond that.
    Answer 2: Well I would make any cuts possible after making sure all of the services are covered.
    Answer 3: (The Crazy Guy) I would cut everything and then look at what services we need and start those from scratch.

    THEY ALL ANSWER THE SAME!!! Except for the 1 crazy 3rd party guy that they always throw in.

    No one ever seems to say what they will actually do, they just give the same vague answers so they do not offend anyone.

    Agree/Disagree?
    Honestly, you have to stay involved pretty much every day, not just during election season. If you're just tuning in when the debates are happening, you've missed all the good bits and are effectively flying blind. Besides, politics happens every day, not just during election season.

    For instance, if you're following politics now, you'll see the candidates' actual positions. You'll see that Michelle Bachmann is vehemently anti-gay and absolutely does not want to raise the debt ceiling. If she somehow makes it further in the process and gets the nomination, you might not hear some of that stuff from her, as she'll see how her positions poll and start backtracking and offering spin and explanations for things that aren't popular.

  6. #6

    Default

    Yeah... My friends are already calling me old for listening to talk radio. I try to stay up on all of this. The whole debt-cieling thing is the largest scale presidential debate we have had for a while. It has nothing to do with budget, debt, or raising the cieling. It is nothing but campaigning until it actually starts affecting peoples 401k and Benefit checks. Then IT BETTER STOP!!!

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by ABalex View Post
    Yeah... My friends are already calling me old for listening to talk radio. I try to stay up on all of this. The whole debt-cieling thing is the largest scale presidential debate we have had for a while. It has nothing to do with budget, debt, or raising the cieling. It is nothing but campaigning until it actually starts affecting peoples 401k and Benefit checks. Then IT BETTER STOP!!!
    If you're listening to talk radio, make sure you're consuming a lot of media from both sides of the political spectrum, as talk radio is not so much informative as it is one side's twist. I used to listen to liberal talk in the morning, then Rush in the afternoon, and you want to talk about craziness, hearing the opposite sides spin things their own way almost give you cognitive dissonance. But, you have to hear both sides, as reality's somewhere in the middle.

  8. #8

    Default

    I can't stand Rush... and i am a conservative. I usually Listen to Levin and Hannity. and then watch MSNBC and CNN, because i do not like FOX. I am complicated like that.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by ABalex View Post
    I can't stand Rush... and i am a conservative. I usually Listen to Levin and Hannity. and then watch MSNBC and CNN, because i do not like FOX. I am complicated like that.
    that's interesting, because I don't mind Rush but I'd rather gouge out my own ears with a rusted spoon than listen to Hannity or especially Levin.

Similar Threads

  1. Election Day in the United States!
    By dcviper in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 06-Nov-2010, 06:45
  2. Anger in Debates
    By teddy564339 in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 14-Jul-2010, 00:36
  3. The UK General Election
    By Jaiden in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 14-May-2010, 05:00
  4. I will be glad once election day's over...
    By WildThing121675 in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-Nov-2009, 06:47
  5. Local Election
    By Ace in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-Nov-2008, 06:48

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.