Thread: wet pajamas?

Default wet pajamas?

so, of a morning after waking up and wetting my nappies (yuk depends) are prone to leaking no matter what i do.

if this happens a lot will i end up with bleached/stained tell tale signs that they've gotten wet? i usually wash them as soon as possible after it happens.
    thanks!

Two words for you young man/girl...

Plastic pants

:P

Start by clicking Here, and see what you think.

That and pull-up cloth diapers, adds bulk and keeps bedding and pj's dry.

I'm guessing the reason they are using depends is because ordering anything online is not an option for them and there isn't anything better there so they're stuck with depends.

Anyway, if you wash them fast enough you can avoid stains, but if you go too long without washing urine out of clothes, there will be a stain.

Urine contains waste from the bloodstream, and is more concentrated if you've had less to drink. (more yellow in color) If it dries, it will leave behind the waste, and stain the material yellow. Some of the waste is uric acid, and once that stuff dries, it's extremely difficult to get out because it's NOT normally soluble in water. So dried urine can be a problem, especially if it's smelly like cat piss.

Solution: don't let it dry dirty. Wash it out. As long as you wash it out immediately while it's still wet, it shouldn't stain because there's nothing in it that will permanently stain the fabric. If you can't wash something immediately, put it in a bucket of cold water, filled sink, or something else to keep it wet until you can wash it. Even in a sealed garbage bag with a few cups of water added in an emergency.

Febreze do a pet stain remover that is very effective if the worst happens, and as far as washing goes choose your detergent carefully. Also it might not be too good an idea to use the minimum temperature setting on your washing machine if things are quite stained.

For me, because I am a flooder still, and will leak some, I use a bed mat. I purchased mine at CVS for about $15. I bought the washable version for the reason Bambinod mentioned. If you wash it immediately, it will not stain, stink, or leave you with explanations as to why you have wet spots on your bed, or in my case, large damp circles. Washing it in the morning, and hanging it to dry in my closet it is good to go the next night. I am debating buy two more just to have as spares. I have also brought it with me on long car rides because nothing sucks more than feeling the seat under you when you get out and saying.... yes, it's soaked. Febreeze helps, but it is nicer not to stress at all.

Just my two cents

Quote Originally Posted by Berko View Post
    Two words for you young man/girl...

Plastic pants

:P

Start by clicking Here, and see what you think.
    Are you the one selling those? I live in Stockport in Cheshire :P

thanks for the suggestions! i have a small window of parents not being home, thus am going to order some plastic pants and try them

Quote Originally Posted by XboxGamer123 View Post
    Are you the one selling those? I live in Stockport in Cheshire :P
    Sorry, nope.