Thread: I hope everyone is Ok

Default I hope everyone is Ok

I just heard about the 5.8 Earth Quake out in California. I hope that everyone is alright and safe! I was born there and lived there off and on as a child. I only remember one in 1968 that shook us up a bit. I lived in Santa Ana.

Some of my family live in California I hope they are alright.

It was in LA and it was felt in San Diego and slight felt in Las Vegas. They also had 3.4 after shocks I think. Anyway living in California you accept earthquakes ARE going to happen. Like in the Midwest you accept tornadoes are going to happen, The east coast and the gulf of Mexico ares accept hurricanes are going to happen. No matter where you live a natural disaster can/will happen.

I am not saying a big earthquake like this isn't bad, it is but people shouldn't be surprised. California has a ton of fault lines. Anyway last year there was a earthquake that was felt in Stockton here it was a 3.4 I think. I saw my wall move at least 3 inches then it reset to its original location. It was pretty odd.

I know there are a lot of people from here that live in California. I hope they're all alright.

Darkfinn

Pulled this off the news.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOS ANGELES - A strong earthquake shook Southern California on Tuesday, causing buildings to sway and triggering some precautionary evacuations. There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries. The jolt was felt from Los Angeles to San Diego, across the border in Tijuana, Mexico and slightly in Las Vegas.

The 11:42 a.m. quake was initially estimated at 5.8 by the U.S. Geological Survey but was revised downward to 5.4. More than a dozen aftershocks quickly followed, the largest estimated at magnitude-3.8

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well... looks like most everyone got out lucky with that. Sounds like it wasn't all that bad considering.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    No matter where you live a natural disaster can/will happen.
    pacific northwest is immune to natural disaster!

Quote Originally Posted by handfulofoats View Post
    pacific northwest is immune to natural disaster!
    You mean aside from earthquakes, flooding, and volcanoes?

Quote Originally Posted by doubledbbw View Post
    I just heard about the 5.8 Earth Quake out in California. I hope that everyone is alright and safe!
    That's very thoughtful of you to show concern for members themselves living, or having family living in the affected area.

~Pramrider

I live in the south SO I did not get earth quakes but glad to hear you'll allright.