Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: being the nice guy

Unhappy being the nice guy

This should be a blog but I can't mack a blog so I'm posting it her.

It's not easy being the nice guy. if you like me you have a hard time saying NO and sometimes people tack your kindness for weakens. So why do I still play the nice guy? truth be told I don't know any moor. May be I'm just tired of being taken advantage of or May be life is finely tacking it's toll on me. I keep thinking be the nice guy help people out it well pay off in the end but I don't know any moor. Well som one tall me why I shoud play the nice guy any moor?

acorn

Quote Originally Posted by matt1989 View Post
    This should be a blog….
    Don’t know what to say to you there, Mat. I understand what you are saying, but not why. To me, the ‘why is you are saying this’ is just as important. I will ‘ass-u-me’ that this is family you are talking about as a friend’s grip on your resources is a hell of a lot less steadfast.

You can choose your friends, but not your family‘s. I am remembering that you are married. If this problem is stemming from your family’s what I will say is that compromise is always best, choose the path of least resistance. The big trick here is that you choose where and when to engage with them. You and your wife have to tell the needy relative that you have two family’s to think about and must be seen to respect and have time for both. You need to be firm and very polite, try to show good reason for your decisions if you are pressed for them.

It is not about playing the nice guy, you need to be true to yourself. If you need timeout for yourself +, you should not be apologetic for it. A good friend once told me that, ‘sometimes you have to be ruthless in the pursuit of your own happiness’. I often wondered afterward if he really knew how true that is, though if not why would he say it. Wish you well.

PS. You are wrong, this should be a thread and not a blog.

LOL thanks. I'm just going throw a hard time lately. my dad in the hospital and my family cipes asking me to do things for them be cuz I'm the only one how has a strong Back any moor or I'm not afraid of getting my haends dardey. like I saed I have a haerd time saying No. wat I think I need is a day to my salth. a chants to rechaerg.

acorn

Sorry to hear about your dad being in hospital, I hope it’s not serious and he makes a full recovery. A family member being in hospital will always put a lot of strain on the rest of the family. Classically what you will see is everybody is running around like headless chickens, nobody thinking about what they are going to do next. Communication with each other within the family is key, as too is planning out what each person should and will do. Most important is that you all should pace yourselves so you do not burn out. Remember you and your family will be of no use to your father, if you can’t even take care of yourselves. You all need your respite periods and should take them. Best of luck.

thanks I'm going to be off of work this week in. I'm going to see my dad saturday morning be for any of my famley cums thar than my wife and I are going to a nice holtal for the day.

damn dude that grammer is more jagged than a rusty boxcutter,but yeah i did the whole family is sick multi city freakout thing afew months ago.just try to stay cool about it because they are probibly scared and stressed all to hell.things can get very messed up fast with family but try to not feed in to the insanity.

thanks. I wish I can build up the courage to put my foot down when I need to.
    I love my famly and I know they don't want to run me ragged but I can't do it all on my own.

[edited some for clarity]

I know exactly what you're saying. I was recently told that I should be voicing my opinions more instead of just letting waves cash on my head all the time. It can actually cause depression, which is what had happened to me...

Quote Originally Posted by sdogg View Post
    damn dude that grammer is more jagged than a rusty boxcutter,but yeah i did the whole family is sick multi city freakout thing afew months ago.just try to stay cool about it because they are probibly scared and stressed all to hell.things can get very messed up fast with family but try to not feed in to the insanity.
    Oh boy. The pot finally met the kettle!

I doubt your trying to be ironic. But matt's problem isn't really grammar, it's spelling. He's using word correction software like the stuff that is built into Firefox. But he clearly doesn't know what the words mean at all. As I'll point out later.

Anyways to the TC there are free blogs here on adisc. you said it should be a blog but din't make it one. your also misspelling two words you keep using more as "moor". This is a moor.

http://ly3008.k12.sd.us/images/Dsc00159_Rannach_Moor_B%5B1%5D.jpg

Then the worst offense of any misspelling on adisc from my point of view is the spelling of come as "cum". I private messaged you about this very mixup. You replied back saying you'll fix it, you haven't. My advice is next time your using word correct is to take out a dictionary online or off a look up the worlds your using to make sure your using them properly and not making yourself look ignorant.

Also everyone does make spelling and grammar mistakes especially on internet communication forums, even I do. But once again I told that cum totally means something else extremely sexually explicit. If theres one word you should get down pat, it's Come.

Odl9791

thanks. I wish I can build up the courage to put my foot down when I need to.
    I love my famly and I know they don't want to run me ragged but I can't do it all on my own.

[edited some for clarity]
    Ah the age old question of balance. On the one hand, there's being nice, then there's taking care of business, in this case, you. I work as a desk clerk at a hotel and I can tell you, it's hard. It takes practice and you may not get it right sometimes, but ultimately it's up to you. As far as the family issue is concerned, I seen this with my dad while growing up. Now, he can't do much of anything due to his health, and I can't due anything because I'm 300+ miles away. But I got lots of cousins that can.