Thread: not a lurker, was on holidays

badger7696

Default not a lurker, was on holidays

well i was very surprised to find that when i got back from my holidays, not only was i being told to change my password, but that i was a lurker, just because i
    was unable to get internet while i was away.

anyway, i hope you all understand that i have a very poor internet connection
    where i live and it is not always possible to get online as the connection is made
    through a mobile phone.

I hope that this message will go someway to resolving the issue

Badger

Quote Originally Posted by badger7696 View Post
    well i was very surprised to find that when i got back from my holidays, not only was i being told to change my password, but that i was a lurker, just because i
    was unable to get internet while i was away.

anyway, i hope you all understand that i have a very poor internet connection
    where i live and it is not always possible to get online as the connection is made
    through a mobile phone.

I hope that this message will go someway to resolving the issue

Badger
    I think that, as a member of a website, you do have a minor (Mostly unwritten) obligation to post. If you join something, you should be a part of it- and an active member.

That said, it's understandable, since you were on holiday... but, the message is automatically sent to anyone who doesn't post something.

So, welcome to ADISC! Articles - Articles About ADISC The "About ADISC" section of things should be helpful for you, as it'll explain to your own forum culture, and how to write a good introduction.

~One-Seventeen

Ditto ^ Everything Mike...er..Liam117 said...

Basically calling you a lurker is just a nice way to say we would like to get to know you. So feel free to tell us a little about yourself. There should be a sticky at the top of the screen telling you how to write a good introduction, but basically the three quick highlights are... non-*BDL hobbies/interests, why you came to Adisc, and what you hope to add/get from the community.

But anyway... welcome "Future Contributor"

---------- Post added at 06:22 ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 ----------

PS> The password thing was for all of us, not just you.