Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wearing and roommates?

Default Wearing and roommates?

I'm going to college in a year and will be staying in the dorms. They don't have any singles I'm pretty sure, because I toured the dorms. I plan on getting a dorm room where I share a bathroom with only one other person. I was just wondering how I would be able to get away with wearing. Maybe if I got a roommate that goes out a lot or something that might be my only hope. If you had to stay in dorms during college please share your experience and advice.

I guess you will need to be careful - and honest with yourself. It is possible by changing in the bathroom to prevent someone else knowing you are wearing, but keeping your stash and disposing of used ones are recurrent problems. My experience is of hiding wearing because of medical issues - it really isn't easy and I doubt if the enjoyment of waering would be worth the hassle - at least in the early stages of the college year. Once you get to know your roomie well opportunities may open up -or you may find another AB to share with - there are more about than you might think.

I don't understand... You will have a roommate and a private bath? Is that correct?

Last year, I had a roommate and used the shared bathroom on my floor. I was lucky because my roommate left to go home almost every weekend so I had lots of time to myself. Eventually you'll figure out your roommate's schedule and you'll find times to wear. If you're lucky (like me :P ) you'll be going to school somewhere that has other ABDLs around, and you'll be able to wear with them too. I found that there are several ABDLs and babyfurs close to me so I have been able to go to their places to wear and have fun. Hopefully you have a similar situation.

So is that to say you'll only have to share living space with 1 other person?

My first year of college I shared a room with a friend of 5 years. I just came out and told him it was for a need before school started (he took it at face value and didn't pry thankfully but really he didn't need to know), so that I knew if our living arrangements wasn't going to work out (fortunately they did). I knew there wasn't going to be a way I could keep it hidden like that without stressing every day of my first year in regards to buying (how to get it into our room, I order cases over the net), wearing (obvious reasons), and disposal (his schedule was much less busy than mine).

Looking back I was actually considering rooming with someone random to avoid having to tell a friend. Because:
    1. It's someone you may not have in your life following college.
    2. They in fact don't know your past (no ability to question "need").
    3. It's college..if you say it's for a need then that person is a jerk for doing anything else than respect your need / privacy. As a crude example it'd be like making fun of a mentally handicapped person when his/her disability is showing.

I'm not trying to say I need them from a medial standpoint (not IC), but as a DL if I have to go for long periods of time without wearing...I frankly couldn't focus on my college classes until I do. So there's my need. Now I wasn't walking around the room in just a diaper (granted something I liked to do). I respected his side of things and kept things as subtle as possible.

I know him knowing came in handy so many times.

He unexpectantly came back to the room early one day, which I said just as before he opened the door "HANG ON, need a moment". Had he not know..he would have walked in on me changing with no foreknowledge (akward....)
    If there was times I needed to change (and he was in the room, granted I tried my best to avoid this) I didn't have to covert-ops a diaper from my hiding place. Just grab it and take it to the dorm's public bathroom.
    But most importantly of all, there was one time when my two other roommates had a particular interest in the big box I just carried in through the door (yet again I had a moment of poor timing). He knew what it was but they didn't of course. After seeing they were badgering me to open it now he stepped in and said something to explain what was in it like "oh is that the "___" your parents sent you? They lost interest then..I owed him big for that.

However if telling the other person isn't a comfortable option here was my thoughts if I couldn't spill the beans to him.
    1. Wear when your roommate is gone for the weekend (obvious)
    2. Wear in non-dorm places on campus (library, etc) this also would help to study (my roommates played a bunch of video games all the time ~_~ ). Bonus fact : makes disposal "easier" with (public) bathrooms.
    3. Wear off campus (go off for a day, see a movie, heck go read a book in the park :P I wish I did this more).

It can be done, but it may cause more stress than it's worth. It all depends on how much you want to wear. I agree with others here that probably the hardest part is finding a good hiding spot for your stash, and I would add that finding a good method of disposal can be difficult too. But you can scout out your situation when you first get there and go from there. I have gotten away with it in a tiny 2-man room, with a shared bathroom down the hall. I hid my stash of unused diapers in my closet/locker and put them on in the room or in a stall in the restroom, depending on whether my roommate was around or not. I made sure to wear underwear over the diapers to hide them better while I was wearing and help control any crinkling noises. As for disposal, just make sure to have plenty of plastic shopping bags around, and just make like you're taking out some trash. Never, ever throw a used diaper in the trash can in your room, thinking you will dispose of it later! I almost got caught in a hotel room once that way..but that's another story.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    However if telling the other person isn't a comfortable option here was my thoughts if I couldn't spill the beans to him.
    1. Wear when your roommate is gone for the weekend (obvious)
    2. Wear in non-dorm places on campus (library, etc) this also would help to study (my roommates played a bunch of video games all the time ~_~ ). Bonus fact : makes disposal "easier" with (public) bathrooms.
    3. Wear off campus (go off for a day, see a movie, heck go read a book in the park :P I wish I did this more).
    I didn't think about just going somewhere else like the library. Thanks, those are all good points.

Sorry, but there's no easy easy to deal with this. I waited to wear until I at least had a room to myself when a friend and I shared a two-bedroom apartment my junior year.

I wouldn't tempt fate until you have more privacy. However, if you must try, wait until you know your roommate will be gone for an extended period of time. Even then, with the severely limited personal space, you have to be ready in the back of your mind for the worst.

I only wish you the best. College was where I really came to understand my little side. I hope you're able to find that time you need! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by muffin View Post
    If you had to stay in dorms during college please share your experience and advice.
    Even being very careful I still had a couple of fraternity brothers find out I wore. Thankfully they were understanding and good enough friends that they didn't see a need to share my secret with anyone else.

If you want to make sure no one knows, wait until your roommate is out and never wear with them present.

I didn't wear my entire first or second year of college. Last year I had a singles room. Likely, they do have single rooms, they're just super secretive and for the wealthy and the honors kids that can afford it. Can I afford it? Not really. But I couldn't afford not to do it because I cannot stand living with another human being, having their life dictate my sleep and wake schedule and mine do the same for them.

My advice is to not wear. You will be sleeping in the same room and you will have no secrets. You will know when the other person has sex, makes gross bodily noises, sleeps, picks their nose, goes to the bathroom at 7:13 on the dot every day all semester, and everything else you never wanted to know. I went years without it. o.o You can try to get a single's room next year. It's likely that they will in fact have one. You will just have to pay anywhere between $200-$1,000 more depending on the location, quality, etc.

Go on your college website, find the search and search resident services or dorms or whatever until you find a comparison of all the rooms and see about singles. As a freshman you will not likely get a single. They want to torture you with the bonding experience because it's good for you (and miserable. I will never live with another human being in the same tiny enclosed space again if I can help it.). Also, they don't always show people singles. They often avoid that. I would try anyway if you can afford it.

Otherwise, unless your room mate is a little off (like me) they will have a routine. The won't vary from it too much, so you can predict that they'll be out to class or whatever certain times. Unless of course they're depressed/bipolar/adhd/some other issue that causes problems with routine, or just like to be mindful and mix things up for the sake of it. Monitoring them will allow you to pick the best time. If you're lucky they could be freakishly homesick and go home all the time.

I just wouldn't do it to be honest.

I wore when my roommates were not around (you will find their schedules out real quick). Or one year, I went to bed after my roommate, so I was a master of diapering under the sheets)... and then I'd wake up after he was at class, so that wasn't an issue either. We also shared a bathroom, so I could change in there if need-be.