Thread: Woodland returns

Default Woodland returns

Hello all,
    As I have hardly posted anything on this site or indeed even visited since mid March, I thought I'd do a little bit of a re-introduction after I've been gone.
    I'm sure a lot of you will be thinking "oh, it's you again" but there's probably a few of you also thinking "Who the hell is this guy?"

I joined this site just over two years ago in June 2009, initially posted quite a lot and somehow became a VIP (now 'Distinguished Contributor') by about October - only a few months. I kept that up for a while, but my involvement started to decline after one year and by the time I got to 18 months (last December) it was pretty sporadic, despite reaching 'Top Contributor' at one point.

While I was here, I gathered a bit of a reputation for being famously neutral; often taking both sides of the argument equally and not coming to a decision one way or another - a fact Talula poked a bit of fun at, at some point in time. However I don't do that all the time, I'm quite strongly one-sided on some things and not afraid to voice my opinion, even if it's far removed from the norm.
    I'm quite a friendly character and I try to dispense advice where it's asked for. I'm happy to talk to people if they want, but my areas of knowledge linked to any practicalities of *BDL are very limited due to my personal lack of access to any supplies. That said, two years on from joining, I'm now a lot more comfortable with, and understand a lot better this part of me.

As for my interests for the newer members, not really sure what to say. I enjoy singing, reading, photography, sometimes editing said photos and spending a lot of time on the web. If you want to ask anything feel free, or take a look at my original intro thread (but I don't think there's much in there.)

Nice to see you all again, old and new, and I hope to be on here quite regularly as I was before.

WoodlandWanderer

p.s. For any oldies complaining my avatar hasn't changed for a year, I'll be on to that soon, and I'll be putting up a reason for my absence in the DC forum.

Oh, one last thing, if anything notable has happened while I've been away, please mention it.

Good to see you around again, welcome back I would say you needn't be in any hurry to make an avatar change as I often find them irksome but you people with shifty avatars will do as you will.

Nice to see you around Woodland, I've had the chance to get to know a bit in the last little while and it's been a pleasure. It will be great to see you posting around here once more

Sent from my iPhone

Hi, WoodlandWander. Welcome back, I am glad you have returned. I have missed seeing the neon-glow of your footprints wandering around the forums. I look forward to reading your posts again. Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Good to see you around again, welcome back I would say you needn't be in any hurry to make an avatar change as I often find them irksome but you people with shifty avatars will do as you will.

Quote Originally Posted by fifigal View Post
    Hi, WoodlandWander. Welcome back, I am glad you have returned. I have missed seeing the neon-glow of your footprints wandering around the forums. I look forward to reading your posts again. Take care.
    My avatar doesn't change completely, it's always a woodland area with the green footprints going through it. I like to try and find a picture from the current season to keep in with the times.
    It's a bit like Peachy's which changes often, but always features the peach somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodlandWanderer View Post
    My avatar doesn't change completely, it's always a woodland area with the green footprints going through it. I like to try and find a picture from the current season to keep in with the times.
    It's a bit like Peachy's which changes often, but always features the peach somewhere.
    Variations on the avatar theme are much less disruptive to my delicate pscyhe. Proceed

Welcome back! It's good to see you back again, and I look forward to reading your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodlandWanderer View Post
    I enjoy singing, reading, photography, sometimes editing said photos and spending a lot of time on the web.
    Ah, photography and reading? I happen to enjoy both of those. What do you typically take pictures of? What genres do you enjoy reading?

Quote Originally Posted by HogansHeroes View Post
    Ah, photography and reading? I happen to enjoy both of those. What do you typically take pictures of? What genres do you enjoy reading?
    Nowadays I tend to read more science things, e.g. "why does e=mc^2?" or similar. I'm also waiting for the last of the book in the inheritance cycle to come out, then I'm not sure what I'll read.

I usually take photos of landscapes, the sky, objects. Usually natural things rather than people or man-made items.