Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Awkward?

Default Awkward?

Hi everyone! Just wondering when i buy some diapers if buying baby powder at the same time would be a little awkward? Like they would probably know its for your use if your buying adult diapers and baby powder lol. Just looking for some thoughts and opinions on this topic. Thanks .

Only if the cashier is also your mom. Otherwise.. NO! Cashiers, honestly, could care less what they are checking out. The only part that sometimes gets awkward is when you get a 'chatty' cashier. Every once in a rare while, you get a cashier that just wants to make small talk. So you may have a standby excuse ready, but 24 times out of 25, you won't even need it.

Quote Originally Posted by ABalex View Post
    Only if the cashier is also your mom. Otherwise.. NO! Cashiers, honestly, could care less what they are checking out. The only part that sometimes gets awkward is when you get a 'chatty' cashier. Every once in a rare while, you get a cashier that just wants to make small talk. So you may have a standby excuse ready, but 24 times out of 25, you won't even need it.
    Haha thanks man!

*Giggles* I tend to buy the diapers at one store and other stuff at another store. Or take two trips into the store. I was a cashier at one point and even if I wasn't chatty with the customer I will admit to wondering about some of the combinations.

Honestly, no way. They say on some bags of diapers that powder is expected (though not in those words). Baby powder is universal for absorbing excess moisture, so it's not just for babies, but it makes no sense to have an "incontinence powder" that is exactly the same product. Doesn't look strange at all.

I can't say I've ever had a problem buying baby powder at the same time as diapers. I did get a rather strange look from a cashier one time when my only purchases were a pack of diapers and a case of beer. I just said the two items were not related, at least she had the decency to blush.

You guys are so paranoid! The thought has crossed my mind before back in the day too. But then I realized, of course it makes sense...even if they give it a second thought (which is unlikely), baby powder is a natural & recommended accessory for any disposable diapers, whether baby or adult ones. It helps avoid irritating chafing & rubbing. In fact, I know a lot of guys who use it after a shower just for that purpose, with no diapers involved. As a matter of fact, I have bought diapers, powder, baby lotion & desitin many times before, all at once, and I have never had anything said about it.

There is something to be said about a "chatty" cashier...i have had that happen before. This one girl couldn't get the bar code to scan on the package, so she had to call one of her coworkers over as the checkot line built up behind me with customers..i was thinkingg to myself "just great.." So she's flipping the package over & studying it while she waits & she asks me "What are these?" I say "diapers" and she looks closer & asks "Oh are they for a grandparent or something?" I said, "No, they're for me." She said "Ohh" and that was the end of the conversation

Thanks for the help guys! You guys have convinced me on my first visit I will be buying diapers, powder and maybe a pacifier .

alu

Quote Originally Posted by DeathcoreFTW View Post
    Thanks for the help guys! You guys have convinced me on my first visit I will be buying diapers, powder and maybe a pacifier .
    i would just buy diapers (if adult ones) and powder in one shop ,bottles bibs and pacis in the other store.

I may have posted this before, but awkward is more like what some skydivers did to their buddy while at the drug store. Guy who originally needed to go in there wanted mineral oil (apparently for constipation). His two buddies go with him (they were all together the evening before a competition) and when they get to the checkout, guy puts down the mineral oil. The other two add a box of condoms and a wooden spoon (or similar) and then get big grins on their faces while they proceed to hang all over their friend.

That might just be a *little* awkward.