Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: what is the best brand of pull ups

  1. #1

    Default what is the best brand of pull ups

    I recently started wearing pull ups 24/7 and am currently using boots pharmacy own brand super dry, after last nights leakage incident i am wanting a more reliable brand of pull ups i have considered TENA Pants Super but im a bit apprehensive to try another brand because of many things such as cost and fear of leakage

  2. #2

  3. #3

    Default

    Have you tried any of the new Boots pullups in the dark green packages?, there made by attends and should be allot better than boots own 'staydry' designs, those used to be ok but there latest 'improvement' made them almost unsuitable for men, there's almost no frontal padding.
    The same cant be said about the depends briefs, their padding goes all the way to the waistband at the front so if you lye on your front there a good bet, they aren't so good if you wet lying on your back tho.

    Why don't you get tabbed nappies? its a no brainer for nighttime imo, no pullups are perfect for night time use they're expensive while being less absorbent and more leak prone.

  4. #4
    dvid113

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Powderhair View Post
    Abena seems to be the best I have tried.
    From what I've heard, the Abena Abri-Flex Pull-Ups are the best, XPMedical dot com has them, or maybe a Med supply store, etc. Unfortunately I haven't tried them yet so your mileage may vary :P

  5. #5

    Default

    it is the boots dark green packaging i tried and i leaked i were pull ups because i use the toilet but was getting poo in my underpants every time after cleaning the area plus i find tab nappy's or all in ones tricky to tab up evenly i don't wet the bed or any thing but wen i am in public i wold rather not go to public rest rooms as they are yucky and i never poo when im out if i can help it

    Quote Originally Posted by HappyNappin View Post
    Have you tried any of the new Boots pullups in the dark green packages?, there made by attends and should be allot better than boots own 'staydry' designs, those used to be ok but there latest 'improvement' made them almost unsuitable for men, there's almost no frontal padding.
    The same cant be said about the depends briefs, their padding goes all the way to the waistband at the front so if you lye on your front there a good bet, they aren't so good if you wet lying on your back tho.

    Why don't you get tabbed nappies? its a no brainer for nighttime imo, no pullups are perfect for night time use they're expensive while being less absorbent and more leak prone.

  6. #6

    Default

    I have been wearing goodnites in the daytime. I can go and about without any one knowing. I never used to wear diapers in the day but goodnights fit like my underwear. I am happy I found something I enjoy wearing in the day time.

  7. #7

    Default

    Abri-form premium pull-ups are the best I've personally used. They're more absorbent than anything I've found on the market yet. They're comfortable and breathable too, and have yet to leak on me! Right now, I'm ordering from a friendly online retailer, Senior Supplies, Living Aids from Restored Living if you want to try them out. I think the lady I talked to was named Donna. Don't take my word for it though, I'm not 100% sure. But they were really nice and worked with me to find the pull-up that was best for me.

    Hope I was of some help. Good Luck!!!

  8. #8

    Default

    Just want to point out to any future posters, the OP live in the UK, so I doubt American stores or online stores will be of use to him. :/

  9. #9

    Default

    All of the "adult" pull-ups I've seen all seem to follow the same basic design: really tall stretch fabric that grips onto the waistline (often going above the belly button) but goes down to the base of the penis, the padding then only really exists over the perineum, as if they're all made for women or men whose penises always stay pointed really low.

    GoodNites/DryNites are the exception in that the pad goes all the way up both the front and back, is reasonably wide (given the expected age of the wearer) and the stretch material is only on the sides. I wonder if this is because it's meant for bedwetting where if you're lying on your side you need the padding there (whereas adult pullups are geared more towards people standing up or sitting down).

    So has anyone seen adult pullups with the same fundamental design as GoodNites?

    I've heard rumours of an upcoming ABU product (amid controversy over underage models, so I hear), can anyone shed any light on this?

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by LilRetroBoy View Post
    it is the boots dark green packaging i tried and i leaked i were pull ups because i use the toilet but was getting poo in my underpants every time after cleaning the area plus i find tab nappy's or all in ones tricky to tab up evenly i don't wet the bed or any thing but wen i am in public i wold rather not go to public rest rooms as they are yucky and i never poo when im out if i can help it
    If you are having problems with bowel leakage, which it sounds like you do, you should really go see your GP.
    I don't really advise on doing #2s in pullups in public, they aren't all that good at containing smells, I strongly suggest you invest in a few pairs of plastic pants, If you get the fabric covered ones you shouldn't need any other underwear, eliminating another possible cause of brown leaks.




    Quote Originally Posted by TheOriginalSomeThing View Post
    So has anyone seen adult pullups with the same fundamental design as GoodNites?
    Yes, I have, but they weren't made, I found KCs old pullup design pattent, for the basic design that goodnites, pullups, littleswimmers etc are all made to and it mentioned adult sizes. if you look about you might find it.




    Quote Originally Posted by TheOriginalSomeThing View Post
    I've heard rumours of an upcoming ABU product (amid controversy over underage models, so I hear), can anyone shed any light on this?
    These are plastic tape diapers with goodnite-esqe graphics and blue printed sides to look like pullups, its not just abu that sell them though, lets just say De**r is involved.

Similar Threads

  1. Brand new here
    By RunnerDL in forum Greetings / Introductions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29-Dec-2010, 15:24
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28-Aug-2010, 20:51
  3. Need a new brand :(
    By ATSx666 in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 24-Jan-2010, 16:18
  4. This brand
    By diaperedteenager in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18-Feb-2009, 17:38

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.