Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So, who else HATES back to school commercials?

Default So, who else HATES back to school commercials?

Me? I can't fucking stand them.

Yeah, I get it, I'm going back to school. I don't need a fucking reminder. I mean really, I'm on summer vacation, FREE from that shithole of a school, and I would like to continue enjoying it, and not have to listen to some annoying-voiced bitch going "New shoes for Back to School! New clothes for Back to School! New condoms for Back to School! Let's continue to remind you that you ONLY HAVE ONE MONTH LEFT OF SUMMER VACATION AND WE'RE GOING TO GET IN YOUR FACE WITH ALL OF THESE ANNOYING COMMERCIALS ABOUT RANDOM SHIT FOR BACK TO FUCKING SCHOOL!!!" My god, shut up! Please!

Who else agrees with me? Or am I seriously overreacting? Maybe the second one, right?

I can't speak for all commercials, but I love the one where they play the song "It's the most wonderful time of the year" and the father is throwing all types of items in the cart while the kids follow and sulk. This was probably from the 90s or early 2000s

But if I may give a word of advice: don't upset yourself by brooding over something that's inevitable. It will only make you more upset. And the commercials will still come. Just use commercials as a time to do something else. Or put it on mute as soon as your program goes to commercial.

Be well. :-)

When I was a student in HS, I hated them. Damnit, school?

When I was a college student, I loved them. Hooray! Getting rid of this shitty summer job! Back to college! Hooray!

---------- Post added at 22:23 ---------- Previous post was at 22:22 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ISO400 View Post
    I can't speak for all commercials, but I love the one where they play the song "It's the most wonderful time of the year" and the father is throwing all types of items in the cart while the kids follow and sulk. This was probably from the 90s or early 2000s
    When I saw the title of this thread, that's the EXACT commercial I thought of.

---------- Post added at 22:25 ---------- Previous post was at 22:23 ----------

Larger picture.

If I owned a toy store, you bet I'd be advertising a lot in November and December.

If I owned a grown-up toy store, you bet I'd be advertising a lot in January and February.

If I owned an office supply store (or a department store with such inventory), you bet I'd be advertising in July and August.

In this case, I really can't fault companies for having good business sense.

Yeah, when I was still school age I dreaded hearing those three words "Back To School". "Man...whatta they talking about...school just let out a few weeks back!"

~Pramrider

Oh god I HATE back to school commercials with a passion! They make me sad cuz I hate school!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I have my first year of highschool, and im scared shitless O.OSo i hate those comericals.

I don't mind them, really. But that might be because I am perfectly content to browse aisles and aisles of paper and drawing products.

I haven't really enjoyed the 'back to school' thing since I got out of the grades where crayons were on the list of supplies. I always missed coloring.

I am pissed with those commercials, and even more so now because I have my first year of high school. The thing that I hate absolutely the most is MetroPCS's current Back To School Phone sale. They are selling "The Hottest Phones" at low prices for back to school.

I just heard today that my boss took early retirement, so when I go back to school, I'll have a new boss and I will have to adapt to whatever they want. Since I'm the assistant, I may have to help them learn a lot of ropes. I actually hate school and my job, so this will not be fun. When I'm not doing IT, they stick me into classrooms where I help teachers with the emotionally disturbed and the very slow ones. How can someone younger than me retire?

Yea summer is not half over and the commercial types are in high fall gear. School is not an issue for me but I went to wallchinamart for some swimming pool supplies and flip-flops and their put away to make room for the back to school supplies and winter boots. It's still f'in July! I don't need X-Mas ornements yet!