Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Uh, hi...

Odl9791

Default Uh, hi...

Okay, here goes, joining adisc for support. Glad to put a name to what i've felt all these years. Strictly dl, wearing and some use... Into music (metal), gaming, writing and drawing though extremly self-critical. Some college. Hotel desk clerk & relief night auditor, so that tends to make me a bit of a nite owl. Have asperger's syndrome and bi-polar. Sorry if this looks messy. I'm using my not so smartphone.

alu

nice quick and easy good intro. welcome to the site. were all here if you need the support. Have fun on the forums aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Odl9791 View Post
    Okay, here goes, joining adisc for support. Glad to put a name to what i've felt all these years. Strictly dl, wearing and some use... Into music (metal), gaming, writing and drawing though extremly self-critical. Some college. Hotel desk clerk & relief night auditor, so that tends to make me a bit of a nite owl. Have asperger's syndrome and bi-polar. Sorry if this looks messy. I'm using my not so smartphone.
    hi there! a *warm* welcome i work with kids with special needs and i got excited when i saw the word "asperger". found that interesting

Welcome to ADISC. Lot's of writers and artist now days. May I ask what you draw?

Welcome to ADISC. You said you like gaming right? What kind of games do you play?

Odl9791

Quote Originally Posted by amon View Post
    Welcome to ADISC. Lot's of writers and artist now days. May I ask what you draw?
    not too much at the moment. Working on a couple of tatoo designs, one as a memorial.

---------- Post added at 12:10 ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tyki View Post
    Welcome to ADISC. You said you like gaming right? What kind of games do you play?
    right now: fallout 3. I pretty much stick with what i know and have to be really impressed by a newer game.

---------- Post added at 12:32 ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sovereigngrace View Post
    hi there! a *warm* welcome i work with kids with special needs and i got excited when i saw the word "asperger". found that interesting
    i was dianosed in 2004. Sadly nobody knew what that was back in 1984, when i started kindergarten. I was in speech therapy and occupational therapy during my elementary school years. What sucked was being picked on and being called a retard.

---------- Post added at 15:47 ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 ----------

I wasn't thinking of this when i did my intro. I also have interests in cars (planning on making my 91 grand marquis a sleeper. ) and -human- space travel, for certain reasons.

right now: fallout 3. I pretty much stick with what i know and have to be really impressed by a newer game.

and -human- space travel, for certain reasons.
    welcome

I don't have fallout 3 (although I do know a few people) but I do have New Vegas. I have to say between that and the elder scrolls series bethesda pretty much has my guaranteed purchase for any title they put out in the future. As to human space travel, that's sadly a passing fade, I believe. It's much more efficient and cheaper to send robots to do our exploring. although, tbh, I wouldn't mind doin a lil' space exploration myself.

Welcome! You're in good company. Don't be bashful.

I worked the 3-11 shift for 2.5 years at a hotel. Never got into the night audit, but wow, that's awesome you advanced to that. :-) That's no small task. Be proud of yourself.

The aspergers should help you with the numbers. I have a suspicion that I have it too, but never bothered to get testing done. Use it to your advantage. Not many people have the gift to sit around and do repetitive tasks at work and be happy.

Again, welcome. Good to see you. Be well. :-)

Odl9791

Quote Originally Posted by ISO400 View Post
    Welcome! You're in good company. Don't be bashful.

I worked the 3-11 shift for 2.5 years at a hotel. Never got into the night audit, but wow, that's awesome you advanced to that. :-) That's no small task. Be proud of yourself.

The aspergers should help you with the numbers. I have a suspicion that I have it too, but never bothered to get testing done. Use it to your advantage. Not many people have the gift to sit around and do repetitive tasks at work and be happy.

Again, welcome. Good to see you. Be well. :-)
    i actually was hired as a relief auditor and started 3-11 a week later. My schedule involves 3 3-11 shifts and 2 night audits. I like my job, met some really cool people, but it's hell on my body. Xp

---------- Post added at 22:42 ---------- Previous post was at 22:16 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zultan View Post
    welcome

I don't have fallout 3 (although I do know a few people) but I do have New Vegas. I have to say between that and the elder scrolls series bethesda pretty much has my guaranteed purchase for any title they put out in the future. As to human space travel, that's sadly a passing fade, I believe. It's much more efficient and cheaper to send robots to do our exploring. although, tbh, I wouldn't mind doin a lil' space exploration myself.
    i've got new vegas too. Looking for oblivion and will get elder scrolls v when it comes out. Right now, thinking about getting the car ready for winter. As far as space is concerned, i know of 2 sites that feature replica spacesuits. There is a post under diaper talk i think under best time for a diaper idk. Would love to have one of those suits but saving for my own place.

[/COLOR]

gosh! what are the odds! my boyfriend is currently playing fallout 3! did you get that on sale? he's a gamer too, like you. so maybe, just maybe, you also play dragon age2?? he introduced me to WOW, which is one of our favorite activities together, unless we're WoWed out.

---------- Post added at 02:06 ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 ----------

i was dianosed in 2004. Sadly nobody knew what that was back in 1984, when i started kindergarten. I was in speech therapy and occupational therapy during my elementary school years. What sucked was being picked on and being called a retard.

---------- Post added at 15:47 ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 ----------
    yeah, bummer. sometimes, it's the general public who needs special education services...
    Last edited by cottoncandy; 23-Jul-2011 at 12:26.