Thread: A bunch of questions (Alert: lengthy thread)

Default A bunch of questions (Alert: lengthy thread)

(NOTICE: Iím sure a lot of posts have already been posted about these questions but amidst all the posts, I thought it to be a good idea to regroup all questions under one thread.

Also, Iíve posted the thread in the forum I found most appropriate, feel free to switch it if my intuition was mistaken.)

Feel free to suggest, comment or correct anything mentioned in the post.

Thank you in advance for your answers, I appreciate it

CuriousGuy
    Last edited by CuriousGuy; 22-Jul-2011 at 11:38. Reason: Quote in spoiler tags to save space

Welcome to ADISC, I hope you enjoy our community if you do decide that ABDL is the thing for you and even if it isn't feel free to stick around if you like.

The most important thing is don't be afraid to be yourself. Quote in spoiler tag to save space.

1. XP-medical is my favorite place for online orders. Discreet, well costed, good quality.

2. A lot of us just use NUK3 or Mam 6mo+ for paci's. Adult size paci's are normally specially ordered from ABDL sites.

a. Diluting urine means it doesn't smell as strong and has less of an effect on your skin. It also IMO improves the experience because you can wet the diaper more fully but that is more a preferential thing.

b. Urine is sterile so as long as it isn't burning you it isn't a huge health concern of any magnitude. Fecal matter however is incredibly dangerous to your health especially in the presence of urine which is why it is strongly suggested to change shortly after messing if you are into those practices. I am not personally a huge fan of messing so I do not encounter these potential pitfalls.

c. When taping on the diapers you may get red tension marks on your waist area because of putting them on tight. I don't normally find this a problem but it can be annoying at times. Also I find that I occasionally get a pimple or two around my diaper waistband from some clogged pore which can be irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousGuy View Post
    Question 1: Where do you suggest I get my diapers online?[/B][/U]

Of course Iíve made my own research and found some sites such as ABUniverse.com Home Page - The Worlds Best AB/DL Superstore and other private distributors such as Tena, Depend or Attends, but I wanted to have some of your suggestions or better alternatives in order to make an informed choice.
    There are a lot of choices here, it's very easy to find a place to order diapers from. I think the more important question to ask in this direction is how can you receive diaper shipments? Shopping around and finding all sorts of options only to realize you have no way to get them through the door without being busted is frustrating. Once you figure out what you can do, it will help narrow things down online. (or you may need to find a local option)

Question 2: Where do you suggest I get adult (or teen)-sized baby items?

This question is pretty much a replica of the first one, but, this time, Iím interested as to where you would suggest getting adult sized baby items such as a pacifier, footed pyjamas (or pajamas) and other items...
    I personally am not into AB so the only thing I can suggest is on jammies. I got mine from jumpinjammerz.com, they're expensive and slow, but they're custom made with a giant variety of options. Basic footed pajamas can be found at many department stores for a lot cheaper, shop around and see what you have locally available.

Question 3: Health issues

This one is a broad question so Iím going to narrow it down a little.

Since Iíve never tried wearing diapers before, I do not really know what precautions I should take to prevent any unfortunate consequences.

For example, I know that it is sometimes suggested to apply talc powder or baby oil to prevent diaper rashes. I, however, do not know much more about diaper health issues outside of the basic hygiene rules.
    If you plan to use your diapers, keep in mind that it's rough on your skin. The amount you have to do to keep your skin healthy depends on how you treat it as well as how sensitive your skin is. I am unfortunate enough to have problems even with a dry diaper sometimes, so I have to pay attention to my skin and treat it as necessary. So I think this is going to come down to a "learn from experience" kind of thing. Just take things reasonably slow one step at a time, find out where your skin's tolerances are at, and make adjustments as necessary.

It should be pretty obvious that skin doesn't like to be exposed to urine or feces for any length of time. When the two combine, the urine acts as a catalyst and things get a lot worse. Odor can be an issue for either. Everyone will tell you that cleanup after #2 is a mess. (showers are a popular way to clean up) So to what degree you plan to use your diapers is going to affect our answers to all of your questions, so you should be more specific.

Hi again, thank you all for your quick responses!

Thank you Kwis for your suggestion, I went and checked them.. there are a lot of alternatives! Then again, I guess for diapers it's a trial-and-error kink of thing

Just for clarifications about:

A lot of us just use NUK3 or Mam 6mo+ for paci's. Adult size paci's are normally specially ordered from ABDL sites.
    I actually wondered, is NUK a pacifier company, a modified paci company or simply a name? Also if they're a company, do they have an official website?

Thank you again, it helped me a lot

Thank you too, Bambinod, for your suggestions.

I went and checked http://www.jumpinjammerz.com/ and I was really impressed.

There are a lot of choices here, it's very easy to find a place to order diapers from. I think the more important question to ask in this direction is how can you receive diaper shipments? Shopping around and finding all sorts of options only to realize you have no way to get them through the door without being busted is frustrating. Once you figure out what you can do, it will help narrow things down online. (or you may need to find a local option)

This is actually not a problem right-now. Me and my parents have a kind of "everyone has his secret life" kind of policy so I'm sure they wont ask too much questions if I tell them that I don't want to talk about it.

Also, in answer to your question:

So to what degree you plan to use your diapers is going to affect our answers to all of your questions, so you should be more specific.
    I would like to give you a more accurate answer but, as I've mentioned in my previous posts, I've never tried yet.

What I can tell you is that I intend to take it slowly and eventually wet a diaper (messing is another story.)

Thank you for your developed answer, it, also, was of great help!

I thank you all, once again

CuriousGuy
    Last edited by CuriousGuy; 22-Jul-2011 at 15:20. Reason: Syntax correction

babyricky11

I actually wondered, is NUK a pacifier company, a modified paci company or simply a name? Also if they're a company, do they have an official website?

CuriousGuy
    Adult Baby Nuk 5 Pacifier (AB) - FREE NUK 5 PACIFIER FOR WEBSITE PURCHASE OVER $100 FOR JULY 2011 - AB UNIVERSE GIFT FOR EVERY ORDER IN JULY 2011! , you can order from there, and i believe a NUK is an actual paci.

babyricky11

Thanks for your answer!

CuriousGuy
    You welcome

Question 1 - Your profile says that you're in Canada. An excellent place to order diapers from is www.b4ns.com. When you order stuff from the States, you may run into red tape from customs.

Question 2 - I can't give you any advice there. I'm not into babyish stuff.

Question 3 - Diapers aren't much of a health hazard. The main thing is to clean yourself off thoroughly during every diaper change. Wet baby wipes work nicely for that. If you start to get a diaper rash, stay in normal underwear and apply diaper rash ointment from the drugstore until the rash clears up.