View Poll Results: What's your favorite email provider?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hotmail (Hotmail, Live)

7 15.56%
  • GMail

30 66.67%
  • Yahoo! Mail

7 15.56%
  • Mail.com

1 2.22%
  • Other

7 15.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite email provider?

Lightbulb Your favorite email provider?

What's your favorite? If it's not listed (other) specify here I use them all

Well,

I don't let anyone sensor or controll my e-mail...

So i have my own e-mail servers in-house and off-site for that dreaded unexpected down time...

That's my take on e-mail.

B

Run my own on a VPS (slicehost) as my main mail account. Use a few of the others for various things.

If I had to choose from one of the options to use as a main provider.. I'd go with gmail. I still like google.. and don't have much problem with them skimming my email for keywords. They are no longer squeaky clean, but I'll take `em over all the others.

Gmail, hands down.

I have a aol as my main e-mail but I foudn out that google can import ALL the mail from AOL and other e-mail services to a Gmail account. Then on top of that whenever ANYONE tries to acess my Gmail account they need to input a random code that's sent to my cell phone, which I think is a great little piece of security. It's just another layer of protection for my Steam account that is already valued over 1000 dollars. (though I paided maybe half of that, since steam is awesome with sales.)

Algorithm

Mailinator! Just kidding. I've always used hotmail, and I guess that I like it more than other providers for that same reason. Either way, it doesn't really matter to me, other than the domain name, since I use Outlook and mail on my iPod.

I use G-Mail because it is reliable and does not bounce-back messages. It is also free. :-)

My first email account was a gmail account, and I've continued to use that account for IRL stuff. Naturally, I use a different email account for this site, and that account is through hotmail.

Quote Originally Posted by Algorithm View Post
    Mailinator! Just kidding. I've always used hotmail, and I guess that I like it more than other providers for that same reason. Either way, it doesn't really matter to me, other than the domain name, since I use Outlook and mail on my iPod.
    I love Mailinator!

Unfortunately more and more sites (including this one I believe) block it. I really don't understand why.

Actually I don't really understand why email is mandatory on so many sites. As an ID it means nothing any more. If a user doesn't want to give you an actual email, you arn't going to get one. You will just get a throwaway from hotmail or gmail or yahoo or somewhere else. All you've done is make the user work a little harder and have gained nothing. The only possible value I see is making mass sign-ups hard (by adding a bunch of extra steps) but it seems there would be much better ways to do this.

</rant>

My first e-mail account was with hotmail back in '97, I think. Back then, hotmail was still kinda new.

Now, I have couple of e-mail accounts both with Gmail. It's easy to browse though and keep it simple and of course it's free. One for formal and business related. Other just for fun/facebook etc.