Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Have you had your 15 minutes of Fame Yet? PLEASE READ WARNING!

Default Have you had your 15 minutes of Fame Yet? PLEASE READ WARNING!

Andy Warhol said "In the future, everyone will be world-famous for 15 minutes."

The quote reminded me of Riley's video, which I saw last night on the TLC show "Strange Addiction". I was so happy for her! She is Super Cute & Famous!! And her fame will last longer than 15min. It will last forever!!

So that got me wondering, who else on ADISC has been in the spotlight in any form or fashion?

WARNING: I KNOW IT IS COMMON SENSE, BUT PLEASE SHARE STORIES WITHOUT GIVING ANY HINT OF YOUR REAL IDENTITY!

Here is my story:

My accidental 15 minutes was when I got in the newspaper when I made a "hole in 1" at a golf club.

People starting yelling and jumping in the air when they saw the ball go in and ran to near by holes to spread the news ( which spread like wildfire) .

I did not know much about golf at the time, but came soon to discover the reason everyone was so giddy and shouting at players to come to the club house. I would have to buy all the players drinks!!

For a shy little kid, the pressure would be too strong to refuse. Getting a hole in one was the worst thing that could of happened to me. I spent around $50.00 ( including tips) buying all these Adults drinks and them patting me on the back saying "Good job, lets have another one! "

The fun part was that I got my name in the newspaper and was treated like a semi golf pro ..which felt strange because I shot in the high 90's.
    Last edited by lifeisabeach; 23-Jul-2011 at 00:19.

I was on a game show aged 11 and walked away with 1000 of prizes

I was once in Vegas, and I went to go see Chris Angel Believe. And I was the rare one who got to go up on stage with him (I was so excited, but at the time I had a little bit of stage fright >.<) He performed an illusion right before my eyes, that close!

I guess the only "fame" I've really had besides very locally (for my rubik's cubing stuff that I do - and I'm not that good either haha) was having a piece of art I did in grade 5 put into a few art galleries across Canada as part of a thing they were doing. I got the original piece of art back 4 years later with 7 or so thank you letters.

Mind you it's also not good... I just call it abstract though

Valence

I was on the television once, and in the papers twice. Reason for the papers, I can't remember, but the television was on a questioning thingy on my (at the time) 3/4 year old cousin's battle with leukemia.
    I wasn't famous for it though. My nan was the only one who noticed it, apart from those involved. :<

Quote Originally Posted by GabeIsWinning View Post
    I was on a game show aged 11 and walked away with 1000 of prizes
    wow!! that is amazing!! what did you do with the prize money!

---------- Post added at 07:40 ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BabyZidane View Post
    I was once in Vegas, and I went to go see Chris Angel Believe. And I was the rare one who got to go up on stage with him (I was so excited, but at the time I had a little bit of stage fright >.<) He performed an illusion right before my eyes, that close!
    OMG!! When reading your post even I got excited!! I love magic!

---------- Post added at 07:41 ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lobie View Post
    I guess the only "fame" I've really had besides very locally (for my rubik's cubing stuff that I do - and I'm not that good either haha) was having a piece of art I did in grade 5 put into a few art galleries across Canada as part of a thing they were doing. I got the original piece of art back 4 years later with 7 or so thank you letters.

Mind you it's also not good... I just call it abstract though
    Wow!! is there a way we could see your art..i would love to see it..i love abstract art..i understand if you would feel uncomfortable about sharing it.

---------- Post added at 07:43 ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    I was on the television once, and in the papers twice. Reason for the papers, I can't remember, but the television was on a questioning thingy on my (at the time) 3/4 year old cousin's battle with leukemia.
    I wasn't famous for it though. My nan was the only one who noticed it, apart from those involved. :<
    You are a star too!! I have never been on T.V... I am sorry about your cousin. I hope she is doing well.

Valence

It was about 5 years ago now, so yeah, pretty sure it's cleared up :P And, I'm not a star at all XD hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
    Wow!! is there a way we could see your art..i would love to see it..i love abstract art..i understand if you would feel uncomfortable about sharing it.
    I'll try to find it... It's not really "abstract" I just call it that because I don't like how it looks haha. Then again I was really young :P

alu

i hope to have it soon - i never get to do anything cool.

i was on the nose for the chicken swap when i wus 10 (im a farm girl) i had a bantum rooster (bantams arer chickens that are like half the size of a normol chickens)