Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone interested in doing a freeform online RP?

Default Anyone interested in doing a freeform online RP?

I got a random idea in my head today and I really want to run it as a freeform (aka no dice-rolling) online RP.

If you're interested, PM me, and if I get enough people interested then I'll post the intro.

Or I'll post it anyway to get people interested.

The light shines brightly in your eyes, smothering all other colors. You try to sit up, but find you're strapped down to a rickety bed. You can make out the vague shapes of others nearby - but you sense them more than you see them.

Suddenly, you hear a loud, rasping, grating noise nearby, and then the light is gone. You feel the straps loosen, and you stand in unison with the others in the room. none of you speak, but you all wonder together what's going on...

ok so that's really vague, isn't it.

Well while I don't want to give anything major away, I can give some more information.

1. This is going to be slightly lovecraft-esque - strange suspense horror.
    2. Your characters will have certain, well, gifts that I will assign to them.
    3. Guns will be involved.

How will you work it without a dice and stat system?

It is pretty vague. We don't even know if diaper or furry content is involved. Personally I'm staying out of it, because I always tend to play my own kind of personality, and I prefer my own gifts :P

Good luck.

I'll join if I can do it via dial-up. Also I think it would be better to use dice but hell this would be my first role playing game online and I guess you would be the game master. Would we be able to use IRC or the flash chat here?

We'd probably do it over IRC.

It's non-sexual but I suppose you can have your character be *B/DL/IC if you want.

Furry....probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    How will you work it without a dice and stat system?
    It's by the "the game works how I want it to" system. Trust me, it'd work a lot better for a setup like this to not use dice.

I was thinking about joining in on this cause I haven't been able to RP much lately (people always busy... not really their fault I guess.), but then I wasn't sure. I figure you're expecting large posts or something and I don't always do that. I only do that when it seems necessary... like as an intro to something. And seeing that it's not furry at all.... yeah I'll just stay out of it. But I will say that it does sound interesting. So... I hope it works out well!

Quote Originally Posted by ShippoFox View Post
    I was thinking about joining in on this cause I haven't been able to RP much lately (people always busy... not really their fault I guess.), but then I wasn't sure. I figure you're expecting large posts or something and I don't always do that. I only do that when it seems necessary... like as an intro to something. And seeing that it's not furry at all.... yeah I'll just stay out of it. But I will say that it does sound interesting. So... I hope it works out well!
    Not expecting large posts at all, actually, I friggin hate paragraph RPing.

I'll do it. I've been in things like this before and IMO as long as the Games Master is good at it, it often beats dice based RPs. It is also better for telling a story than dice based.