Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asking for diapers

Babybull4

Default Asking for diapers

So I have been bedwetting off and on again (100% on accident) for over a month. I'm taking desmopression. But it bothers me. By giving me a bad head ache. How can I ask for diapers instead??

Drop subtle hints that the medicine is giving you headaches. Or just say it gives you head aches. Either would be a start.

Tell your parents and/or doctor that your medicine is giving you headaches and that you would like to request something other than that such as diapers. Bring up in conversation, "I'd rather wear diapers then to take this headache inducing medicine. "

Just a word of warning, I'm not in anyway not believing you. I've been through this. Now, if you're lying about this and getting diapers on your insurance just because you want them you can't get into a lot of legal trouble so if you're just making this up as an excuse, stop. Diapers aren't that expensive.

I would just be honest, say the meds are giving you a headache and you rather wear diapers

Is the medication working? - if not there are lots of internet sources that say that it is not effective for everyone and that if it does not give an improvement right away it is unlikely to be effective if you just keep on taking it. A doctor might not want to increase the dose if you are reporting headaches regularly. There are other drugs a doctor could suggest and which may be worth trying as this could avoid the problem of side effects.

Like other responders I think you should try to be honest with yourself and separate out a genuine medical situation from any wish to use diapers - the two issues are separate and it really is best to keep it that way.

I got headaches and severe pain in the kidneys when I took desmopressin, my doctor told me to stop for a few days and start over again. I stopped taking it because the meds were only a partial success and they caused more problems than they were solving. I would not go to the docs and simply ask for diapers, I would ask if there were any alternatives.

Babybull4

I'm talking about with my parents. I take dessmopressin refrigerated nose spray and it gives me stuffy nose and a terrible headache and there both possible side effects.

Miku

Quote Originally Posted by Babybull4 View Post
    I'm talking about with my parents. I take dessmopressin refrigerated nose spray and it gives me stuffy nose and a terrible headache and there both possible side effects.
    Diapers probably won't be their first option. They'll want to try other medicines or something I bet. If they do, just say you're tired of medicine and would prefer to wear diapers.

Babybull4

Prob is I've been on meds for medical condition since 2 so I cant really say I don't want meds. What else csn I do??

Quote Originally Posted by Babybull4 View Post
    Prob is I've been on meds for medical condition since 2 so I cant really say I don't want meds. What else csn I do??
    I had an issue of bed wetting as a teen. If you are anything like me waking up cold and wet does nothing for your mood or outlook on the day.

If you feel you must do something, take a deep breath and speak with the parent that you think will be more open to your request and explain the burden of such issues and either brainstorm with them and see if they come up with diapers as a solution first. It isn't likely that they will, but worth a shot and should the discussion get to the point you are comfortable doing so suggest diapers as an alternative.