Thread: Why is infantilism a need for many of us?

Default Why is infantilism a need for many of us?

Been thinking...not a lot to do at my job ya know.... anyways been thinking about my life and infantilism. Why is it something that is hard to ignore the urge to be babied or to wear diapers in overwhelming. Not just to me but to all of us. Hence why we risk our parents finding out and what not. I have many fetishes but this is the only one I can't ignore. Why do I or we need this psychologically? I mean I can go months to years without thinking of certain fishes or hell doing a certain habits I like like eating ice cream or drinking or what have you. Yet I cant do the same for diapers without feeling off. Not normal, or normalized. Ya know? So what is it? Why the strong urges? That damn incomplete feeling?

This post made me feel melancholy!! humm you ask some deep psychological questions..let me think about it..i'll get back to you.

I was just about to friend request you toooooo!! you beat me to it

"life pounces on dragsnick for beating him ...pounces from a mango tree!"

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
    This post made me feel melancholy!! humm you ask some deep psychological questions..let me think about it..i'll get back to you.

I was just about to friend request you toooooo!! you beat me to it

"life pounces on dragsnick for beating him ...pounces from a mango tree!"
    What's a life pounce? And yeah I've been feeling melancolic lately so that might be what you're feeling.

I'll go with a really simple answer here. It's because infantilism is a "paraphilia" for you.

Some people would only have an infantilism fetish (I'm sure there's some people out there like this.) that could easily go without it for months or years. However being a paraphilia as written on wikipedia:

American Journal of Psychiatry[11] describes paraphilia as "recurrent, intense sexually arousing fantasies, sexual urges, or behaviors generally involving:
    Non-human objects
    The suffering or humiliation of oneself or one's partner
    Children
    Non-consenting persons[12]

Paraphilia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well, something that occurred in childhood could've reinforced the desire.
    It's possible you might remember what that could be or what it might not be.

And with things like ice cream, they release pleasure chemicals in the brain.
    But with something like infantilism, it's not so much pleasure in the brain as it is filling a gap in life, or fulfilling a need.
    Pleasure things are wants, but infantilism to some of us is somehow a need. Basically satisfying the incomplete feeling you mentioned.

That's the difference.
    As to why....well....that varies between people. Maybe it's just hardwired into us or as before maybe something we can't remember happened that left a lasting impression.

I think for those of us who have a non-sexual connection to diapers (possibly as well as a sexual), it's been suggested that this is hard-wired into are psyche. So for whatever reasons, when we were growing up, something was lodged deep into our mind that makes us need to regress. Odds are, it happened at a time when a chemical imbalance caused the brain to need the chemical that is produced when we regress.

I would be surprised if those who have been converted to AB/DL don't have the same psychological need - simply they do something they enjoy doing because it feels good. Whereas, many of us who discovered a latent infantilism need to regress - and then once we are, we therefore feel good as the chemicals are released.

Of course, until there is a full psych evaluation of the condition, we'll never truly know!