Thread: I'm worried about going to doctor

Default I'm worried about going to doctor

when i clean my bum after being on toilet i get it clean but then when i next visit the toilet there is skid marks in my underpants but in time between toilet visits i feel no need to go i think i should go to my doctor but i got no idea what to say to receptionist i don't want to have to explain my reason for visiting doctor

i do were nappys some times but it was because i like to not because i need to if i need to i will be fine with it but i don't think my mum or dad will be happy if i need to be back in them

This is a judgement call for you - and for you alone to make. What you describe is not (surely) uncommon and some people would just shrug and say ""it" happens. Even if it continues the problem does not seem to be so serious as to make diapers a neccesity. Things to try are checking your diet, making sure you "go" regularly and (difficult to be delicate here) making sure your choice of underwear is not prone to creeping up into the danger zone. Cleaning is sometimes made more effective by using the moist kind of toilet tissue. You need to be at ease about all this and if you can't solve it yourself and want to see a doctor it would be best to go armed with a record of how frequent and how serious you feel each incident has been.

As you are in the UK I don't think you need to explain your problem to a receptionist - most practices will let you make an appointment without sharing potentially embarassing details with non-medical staff or discussing them through the receptionsit's window with other people watching - if the receptionsit were to insist you could refuse and say it's a personal matter and leave it at that.

Don't let anyone tell you that you are imagining things or it doesn't matter - if it's a problem to you then it's a problem and needs a solution of one kind or another.

Quote Originally Posted by dayannight View Post
    Things to try are checking your diet
    May I suggest, in a word, fibre!
    Without wishing to be vulgar, perhaps it's just that your number 2 is... a bit watery? I know I occasionally had a similar sort of thing when I've been a bit ill and had diarrhoea in the past.

Hope that helps

1st thing I would say that what people before me have said about diet is important. If such things are fine though, even if it's hard I would say you would be best going to see a doctor. It's true that you shouldn't have to explain yourself to the receptionist ether.

A question though relating to underwear. It's a good point to make sure it's a good idea to make sure your underwear isn't getting into the wrong place and making a mess of itself, but do you notice the same thing happens with marks while padded as well? I know with my issues I cause a mark with both and so maybe would be a good way to check to make sure of what's going on before worrying yourself.

thanks for every ones help my diet is fine full of fibre and lots of othe good things for body i told my dad that i have tryed pull ups to stop the marks but truth be told they still happen no matter what kind of under were i have on weather it be padded or not my dad says hes fine with me wearing padded underwear so i think i will just keep my self padded 24/7 see how it is in 6 months and go to doctor then

Quote Originally Posted by whoknows View Post
    1st thing I would say that what people before me have said about diet is important. If such things are fine though, even if it's hard I would say you would be best going to see a doctor. It's true that you shouldn't have to explain yourself to the receptionist ether.

A question though relating to underwear. It's a good point to make sure it's a good idea to make sure your underwear isn't getting into the wrong place and making a mess of itself, but do you notice the same thing happens with marks while padded as well? I know with my issues I cause a mark with both and so maybe would be a good way to check to make sure of what's going on before worrying yourself.

Ask yourself how long has this problem been going on for ? has anything changed ? is there some kind of lump in the anus ? and how old are you ? I think most folk have given you sound advise but I would tend to get it checked out by a doctor. I know EXACTLY how you feel, *been there done that* etc.

Dude84

Hmm, the whole doctor dilemma thing is something I'm quite aware of, though after many hospital visits and several blue-light ambulance trips, I think I've become apprehensive about "adding" anything more to my rather large medical record.

Anyway, I would say see your doctor now, rather than later. Do not rely on an interim or temporary solution; you do not know what the cause is in reality, and whilst I do not want to scare you, if it is something that is treatable but developing into something that is not, you would be foolish to avoid the issue.

I appreciate discussing the issue is difficult, I've been to my doctor with a similar issue and other embarassing topics such as really bad flatulence, constipation (both now resolved, thankfully, but trust me they were bad) and serious depression and it is never easy discussing these. You do not have to disclose the reason why you wish to see a doctor to the receptionist, you have an absolute right to privacy by law, and any insistance by administrative staff that you do not is pure nonesense.

As far as your parents are concerned, this would depend on your age; I wasn't able to ascertain this from your profile, but assuming you are sixteen or above, the right to confidentiality is unaffected; what you tell them and how you deal with it in relation to them is your decision.

Despite my own lack of action in terms of bladder problems i'm having, for my own reasons, I would advise you to see your doctor now. There are some pretty nasty conditions which you do not wish to develop/leave untreated. Alternatively, it could just be some kind of infection which will clear up after a simple course of anti-biotics, for example.

If you wish to discuss the whole dealing with doctors thing with me, then please do PM/IM me. I have had much experience.

Hi little retro boy,
    normally I would tel you to go see your family doctor, however there may be a far simpler expanation to it all, so get some babywipes or ghet mom or dad to buy you some, also get some nappy bags or equivalent as you can't flush the babywipes. When you have your bowels open, use toilet paper as normal, then use a wet wipe, they are fairly laarge so you can fold and fold again if you need more than one swipe to get clean. after a couple of swipes there shouldn't be any staining on the wet wipe. At that point you are clean, so make sure you are also wearing clean underpants ro a clean pull up, when you next go to the toilet check your pants/pull ups, if they are still clean, you have probably found the answer. If not then make an appointment to see your doctor.. Before you o to see your doctor write down all the symptoms you have been having, note any change in diet or if you have been constipated. Also write down any questions you want to ask the doctor. Once you get in to see him it can be amazing how embarressment can make you a gibbering idiot.