Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Name change! SRS BSSNZ! >:C

Cool Name change! SRS BSSNZ! >:C

For the record, I've changed my name. I'm no longer Mikeru117, but Liam117. Just makin' that clear!

I am never gonna remember this, though I do like you. Would you mind putting a "formerly Mikeru" in your sig for a week or so?

You gonna announce it to us when you change your pants or hairstyle, too?

They're surely just as interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by DanDanSuperman View Post

To me, that's not the same. I most likely will still recognize the person even if their haircut or clothing change. However, when someone changes their forum name, I often wonder who are earth they are.
    Last edited by HogansHeroes; 18-Jul-2011 at 06:32. Reason: deleted stuff that I didn't like in here.

Quote Originally Posted by DanDanSuperman View Post

Wow, that was extremely... not-cool! Not gonna lie. I like to think that I'm one of the more well-known posters on here, and since I'm changing my name, I don't want people thinking that I'm someone else who randomly showed up. That's all. Take it or leave it.

Kthnx

~One-Seventeen

Quote Originally Posted by Liam117 View Post
    Wow, that was extremely... not-cool! Not gonna lie. I like to think that I'm one of the more well-known posters on here, and since I'm changing my name, I don't want people thinking that I'm someone else who randomly showed up. That's all. Take it or leave it.
    Agreed. There are about half a dozen or so posters here who I could identify only by reading their posts (no avatar or username)- and with all due respect, your style of writing isn't distinct enough to make you one of them. Considering that you've also recently changed your avatar, without this announcement, I'd never know that you're you. And I'll still probably forget by the time I wake up, but that's a separate issue.

Do note that the people I can identify simply by reading their posts I can typically do so because they're jerks.

Peachy

You should have changed it to simply "117". Then you could advertise on radio - something like "Need help with a crappy story? Dial One-Seventeen for your immediate story critique"

Now...what do I call you now? Lil Liam? Lil Mikey?

This is completely off topic, and I'm only posting it here because this is where I spotted it, but I hate the way the number for Gallery Uploads is not aligned with the rest of the stats.

Afterthought: Mikeru117 is a much cooler name than Liam117.