Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dandelions and Bedwetting

Algorithm

Default Dandelions and Bedwetting

I read when I was younger that coming in contact with a dandelion would cause you to wet the bed on the same night. I'm not sure if it's touching the dandelion or something else.

Has anyone heard of something similar? How/why does it work if this is true?

Going to have to say...it's an old wives tale. They don't really make you pee. I ought to know, I used to sit around playing with them all day and I didn't wet the bed.

Now if you -eat- them, they're a diuretic, which means they make you pee more.

Wikipedia - in the unconfirmed section :

Dandelions
    Anecdotal reports and folk wisdom say children who handle dandelions can end up wetting the bed. Dandelions are reputed to be a potent diuretic. English folk names for the plant are "peebeds" and "pissabeds". In French dandelions are called pissenlit, which means "urinate in bed"; likewise "piscialletto", an Italian folkname, and "meacamas" in Spanish.
    Hope this sheds a bit more light on the issue - I assume it's from children touching dandelions and then their mouth without washing hands...

Algorithm

Thank you; that explains everything. Has a dandelion caused bedwetting for anyone before?

Catperson

Now that you gave me the idea, I am soooo gonna eat a dandelion and see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by Catperson View Post
    Now that you gave me the idea, I am soooo gonna eat a dandelion and see what happens
    tell us what happens lol

LittleDrummerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Catperson View Post
    I gotta see how this works out!

People actually eat dandelions. That's why they were introduced to North America as a food crop rather than a weed. Not sure how many you need but they sell them in pill form at some supplement stores.