Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If you buy diapers and are on medicaid....STOP!

Default If you buy diapers and are on medicaid....STOP!

I was surprised to learn a lot of kids that wet the bed and have medicaid were still buying their diapers. Medicaid will pay for them as well as pads. You will need to get a prescription from your doctor and have a medical supply house like HDIS send them to you.

Maybe you can save your parents enough money they'll up your allowance.

As I have no knowledge on such a topic, I can only really ask...

How/where did you 'learn' this information?

Great Idea. Lets find New ways to drain an already broke government

and some wonder why there is such vehement hatred and dismissal of entitlement programs. I think its a bit much with this one.

Well it depends on the disability that would determine if these benefits should actually be paid. For instance, my brother has downs syndrome and he is 20 if he wet the bed do you not think that he should be able to receive these benefits?

Any thoughts?

It's different if it's actually a disability and you or your family can't afford to buy them. Another thing entirely when it's you just pissing the bed on purpose because you want diapers.

I'm quite torn on the issue actually. I know that their are people who have needs that must be met, but I cannot help but think that people groups such as local charities and churches can provide rather than taking money from my check and placing it in the hands of a bureaucracy.

Quote Originally Posted by CuddleWoozle View Post
    It's different if it's actually a disability and you or your family can't afford to buy them. Another thing entirely when it's you just pissing the bed on purpose because you want diapers.
    For states that have the benefit that covers them (and many of them don't actually) you're actually required to have certain tests done and are required to have a prescription from your doctor, so no one pissing the bed on purpose (as you put it) would be able to use it without a doctor is dumb enough to risk losing his license

The VA will also pay for diapers, but the patient needs a doctor's prescription. I have no problem with my government helping those in need. That's what a civilized nation ought to do.

I read about the abuse of the medicaid program by medical supply companies and diapers. I think that the program allows these companies to bill for a large quantity of supplies without actually submitting justification to the State. Then when the State gets time (4-5 years later) they shut down these companies.

Now is that saying that people do not need diapers? No.