Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do people write off sex?

Default Why do people write off sex?

Yea... what the title says.

Why do people write off sex?

I mean... some of the things i hear are like...

"I had a bad experience as a child or was forced into like a bad relationship or a bad experience with someone in school or something."

Now... like... i mean obviously sex is something that involves your sensative regions and a huge bunches of trust. That being said... when done properly its very sensual, enjoyable, and bonding. So, why write it off because of one or a copal bad experiences?

I mean lets replace the word "sex" with "cheese burger". Most people dont write off cheese burgers just because they ate a bad cheese burger as a child, or their cheese burger had a hair in it... or someone in school traded them a nasty chicken burger. At the end of the day both cheese burgers and sex are sensual experiences and enjoyable as long as it follows your own taists and so on.

Personally I find the idea unimaginable .. but takes all kinds to make a world.

Bad prior experiences I can see. People have traumatic experiences with all kinds of things.. not just sex. Some people bad experiences just roll off them and they get on with their lives mostly unaffected .. other people drastically alter their lives as a result. I haven't had too much trauma in my life, so can't really be too judgmental. Good friend of mine got in a car accident, ended up in a wheel chair. He still drives today with the aid of what can only be described as a Rube Goldberg contraption. And then I've heard (though don't know personally) of people who get into minor fender benders and swear off driving forever.

People that just up and decide they have no interest in sex I'm a little more worried about. It's probably possible to be born with no drive, but I suspect (and again, this is just my opinion backed up with very little experience) that a lot of it is people getting stressed out over sex and deciding to be asexual makes for a way of escape. I don't think this is healthy.. but again.. to each their own.
    Last edited by BoundCoder; 15-Jul-2011 at 23:57. Reason: Typo, car vice care

Quote Originally Posted by BoundCoder View Post
    Personally I find the idea unimaginable .. but takes all kinds to make a world.

Bad prior experiences I can see. People have traumatic experiences with all kinds of things.. not just sex. Some people bad experiences just roll off them and they get on with their lives mostly unaffected .. other people drastically alter their lives as a result. I haven't had too much trauma in my life, so can't really be too judgmental. Good friend of mine got in a care accident, ended up in a wheel chair. He still drives today with the aid of what can only be described as a Rube Goldberg contraption. And then I've heard (though don't know personally) of people who get into minor fender benders and swear off driving forever.

People that just up and decide they have no interest in sex I'm a little more worried about. It's probably possible to be born with no drive, but I suspect (and again, this is just my opinion backed up with very little experience) that a lot of it is people getting stressed out over sex and deciding to be asexual makes for a way of escape. I don't think this is healthy.. but again.. to each their own.
    Yea thats kinda what i was thinking alittle too. But also like the aspect of truama and not confronting it cant be healthy either so maybe living asexually because of that is unhealthy?

Since I'm asexual and can't get myself interested enough in the act to actually be able to perform it, nor do I have the cloud of irrationality telling me that it would be enjoyable to do what seems like a rather painful act, I find sex really easy to write off.

The best I can say is that a lot of people don't believe you can really be asexual.

I just have zero interest in sex at all. I'm not 'writing it off', I just genuinely don't care.

There are different degrees of asexuality though. There are what people refer to as 'gray A's', who might be interested with the right person.

It's the same for me as it is for someone who is gay...this is just how I was put together. It might be different for those people who had some kind of trauma, but I don't see living without sex to be unhealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by NutFreeFruitcake View Post
    Since I'm asexual and can't get myself interested enough in the act to actually be able to perform it, nor do I have the cloud of irrationality telling me that it would be enjoyable to do what seems like a rather painful act, I find sex really easy to write off.
    In terms of not having enough arousal... have you spoken with a doctor? And in terms of "what seems like a painful act". o_ o Which part exactly is supposed to be painful? lol other then on the female side of things we have kind of a "first time surprize" if you will... i cant say i can recall any part were pain is involved. period.

cloud of irrationality telling me that it would be enjoyable to do what seems like a rather painful act
    That was a very interesting statement. Rational, but I had to think about it for a few minutes.

I guess that is one way of looking at sexual desire. Sex is a vigorous activity that wreaks all manner of craziness on the body. I guess if most of us weren’t hard wired to derive a delirious amount of pleasure from it... no one would do it.

can't get myself interested enough in the act to actually be able to perform it
    Not to tell you how to live your life, but have you ever seen a doctor about this? Not a quack but a real doctor? This could be a simple hormone imbalance... or it really could just be the way you are.
    Last edited by BoundCoder; 16-Jul-2011 at 00:31. Reason: screwed up quoting

I really think that People who have no Interest whatsoever are just lacking the hormones that make them interested and have a medical condition, most likely undiagnosed.

Quote Originally Posted by BoundCoder View Post
    Not to tell you how to live your life, but have you ever seen a doctor about this? Not a quack but a real doctor? This could be a simple hormone imbalance... or it really could just be the way you are.
    Thats what i was thinking, seems like a hormone imbalance or something. o.o STOP STEALIN MY THOUGHTS!

AmbezeSubHealth

I think a lot of sex writing off is done because of religion. People don't use religion. Religion uses people. To the religious sex represents the absolute worst of carnal sins. Sex is even worse to the religious when it is not done in accordance with the sacred ways. Sex done not in accordance with the sacred ways is what makes AIDS sweet justice for the gays according to the religious.

Religion is an entire prepackaged world view. The converts are those who accept that world view.
    Last edited by AmbezeSubHealth; 16-Jul-2011 at 04:47.