AB/DLism in popular culture

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure some of these have been previously posted on this thread, but oh well.

My Name Is Earl: There's one episode where the prostitute character is sitting in a car, talking out the window to Earl. Earl asks her for a favor and she says something along the lines of "I'll help you, but first I gotta finish feedin this bottle to this pervert, burp him, spank him, and change him, then i'll get right to it."

And on another episode Joy is jealous of someone getting married or something so she tries hooking up with guys and one of them shows up to bed with a bib and a baby bottle and a pacifier and stuff, and she says "I don't think this is gonna work out".

On another episode The Crab Man is on a secretive mission with his father, and they tag Earl along, keeping him unconcious the whole way. At one point Earl wakes up and says "I need to use the bathroom" and the crab man replies with "You're wearing a diaper", then puts him back to sleep.

-----
There's an episode of Nip/Tuck where one of the main characters pretends to be in a wheelchair for some reason, and this girl gives him a bath, and shaves him, and keeps referring to him as baby, and to her as mommy. Then she goes down on him and you hear crinkling, and he says "What the hell is going on?" then stands up, and he's wearing a diaper.

----
On Tyra Banks they actually had an Ab/Dl chick on there talking about it.
-------
And on an episode of Grey's Anatomy, one of the main characters wears a diaper to surgery, and then that asian chick starts talking about how she wishes she could wear and pee in a diaper.

-----
And finally, on an episode of Yes, Dear, Gregg is having trouble potty training his son, and the show fades into a thought he's having, where he's older and his son is about 18 or so sitting at the dinner table. He says "Can I be excused?" and his parents tell him of course. When he stands up he's wearing a diaper, he walks to the center of the room, squats, and starts making a face like he's pooping. Then the show fades back to Gregg sitting there with a disgusted look on his face.

Another Simpsons one. From The Father, The Son & The Holy Guest Star,

Marge: But I didn't change Bart's diapers for five years to see him become a Catholic!
Bart: I thought there was a monster in the potty.

My first contribution is the television show Sons of Anarchy currently running on the Fox network. In season 1 episode 3: Fun Town the last scene is a punishment against one of the members. He is drugged and left in the center of town wearing nothing but a diaper and a pair of boots. He had a sign stapled to his chest saying that he was retarded baby needing someone to adopt him.

WARNING: This episode also shows a pedophile fall to Biker justice when he gets his balls cut off after he rapes a young girl.

It was great seeing hardcore bikers punish someone with diapers. I've seen disciplinary actions in my club and can say that such a thing would never happen which is why it was so blasted funny to see. No one saw it coming!

I'm just glad no one linked that scene to me. I've been known to freak people out by randomly looking at them and saying something like,
"I don't see anything wrong with striping the sheets off the bed and grabbing the baby oil, a cat of nine tails, and a diaper to play BAD BABY!"

I don't think anyone thinks of it as anything but shock value, which can be difficult to accomplish and go a long way in a bike club. :biggrin:

On a side note, the president is the only one in the club that knows I wear diapers.

I was reading an issue of NOW magazine on my commute home today, and this small blurb about how to stay warm in winter caught my eye:

"REVEAL YOUR SECRET KINK
You can't hide your adult-sized baby costume forever. What better time than the deep freeze of winter to wear a furry costume? Hell, it's like an extra blanket. So go for it. Let him or her know you want to dress up like Quark, outfit 'em up like Worf and do the Deep Space 9."

daria7483 said:
I always cringe when "King Baby", the CSI episode about an AB, comes on. It's disappointing that AB portrayals are always so over-the-top.

I was kinda bummed out as I thought their portrayal of furries was pretty fair and their portrayal of BDSM was almost pro-BDSM. I don't know what's up with the CSI writers but they seem to be attracted to sexual fetishes.

banter said:
I was kinda bummed out as I thought their portrayal of furries was pretty fair and their portrayal of BDSM was almost pro-BDSM. I don't know what's up with the CSI writers but they seem to be attracted to sexual fetishes.

I think it's because "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" means they can put stuff like that in, garner a large viewer base, and say "Well it's Vegas, what do you expect?"

Well this topic is about ab,dl,tb... in the media.
I've got one - ME!
Yup i was contacted Channel 4 ( UK ) the first emailed me saying they were making a show and wanted to know if they could phone me and possibly come on the show.
We spoke on the phone and she asked if i knew many folks into this scene and what activities i got up to etc....
i didn't go on the show :( didn't have the funds to travel ,
btw they found my email address from a different ab site ( which i no longer use ) .
but now that i think about it, the reason i moved away from the site was that it was TOO Sleazy,... ppl sending full frontl images ... it was eeeew with a factor 10.
typical that the media choose that site to source ppl (.

funkybeanie said:
Well this topic is about ab,dl,tb... in the media.
I've got one - ME!
Yup i was contacted Channel 4 ( UK ) the first emailed me saying they were making a show and wanted to know if they could phone me and possibly come on the show.
We spoke on the phone and she asked if i knew many folks into this scene and what activities i got up to etc....
i didn't go on the show :( didn't have the funds to travel ,
btw they found my email address from a different ab site ( which i no longer use ) .
but now that i think about it, the reason i moved away from the site was that it was TOO Sleazy,... ppl sending full frontl images ... it was eeeew with a factor 10.
typical that the media choose that site to source ppl (.
Yeah, someone from Channel 4 came around here not too long ago too.

Channel 4 is the satellite channel right? They show like the IT Crowd, Being Human, Worst Week, etc?

No not satellite, terrestrial u can find 4OD in you tube ( if it works in ur region )
when they " came round here " , what was being asked?
i figured u couldn't just post on the boards without reg. first?

Ah, I was totally thinking of BBC 4.

Actually The IT Crowd is a Channel 4 show, though Being Human is BBC (and Worst Week is based on a BBC show too).

UK kids book series Horrid Henry (now a cartoon and even a stage show!), has the main character frequently calling his brother "smelly nappy baby". His brother is a bit old for nappies.

Can't believe this is my first contribution here, lol. Anyways,

I just saw a PBS film entitled "A Brilliant Madness," and it was about John Nash, the famed schizophrenic mathematician from "A Beautiful Mind." This went into depth on the man's actual life, and shared something that I don't think was ever mentioned in the major Hollywood movie.

The first sign Nash was becoming ill?
A Brilliant Madness said:
On New Year's Eve 1958, the Nashes attended a costume party at the home of a colleague. John went dressed as a baby. He wore a diaper and spent much of the night curled up in Alicia's lap. Even to those used to his eccentricities, it was a disturbing scene.
Source: American Experience | A Brilliant Madness | Transcript

The PBS film showed an image of the party, and he was wearing nothing more than a diaper (cloth obviously because of the era), and sucking from a bottle. I especially love that last line of the quote "Even to those used to his eccentricities, it was a disturbing scene." LMAO

Since this was less than a week before he totally crashed, I suppose it's too quick to say the guy was an ABDLer, but it's certainly possible. Sure, anyone can dress up as a baby at a costume party, but he really sold it and went all out. It takes a very devoted actor to stick to the role and curl up in a caretakers lap all night. Previous private experience, perhaps?

We've gotten another mention on an ICHC site, this time on Photobomb. Fortunately it's somewhat less insulting than the last one.

just saw the Ed,Edd & Eddy movie on youtube and found some scenes that you guys may like. Nothing special just mentioning of one of the kids of having to buy new matresses & has nightmares after meeting Ed & co so called girlfriends, then when he meets them again they start treating him like a baby. Putting some cloth diaper on him and feeding him with a bottle. heres the link YouTube - Ed Edd n Eddy's Big Picture Show Part 4 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back