Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting in shape for diapers?

Default Getting in shape for diapers?

So recently I noticed that my "play clothes" were a little bit snug... This has motivated me to start working out and to get back into the shape I was in when I was in college (6'3, 195 lbs.) Has anyone else realized they were getting a bit too well-fed and started working out because of it?

---------- Post added at 21:20 ---------- Previous post was at 21:13 ----------

p.s. I'm new here, so if this thread should have gone into the misc. thread-stem then please move it accordingly. Bedankt.

I did, for about a week but I have thee children under the age of 3 so it didn't last too long. I probably should start back up because in that time I lost about 8 lbs. although that might have all been water weight.

I have almost an entire wardrobe of nice clothes that I don't fit in and I'd love to be able to get back in them again. I'm 170 now but only 4 years ago I was a mere 120. If I could get back down to that size I might be able to fit in some small sized diapers which would also save me money.

I've been working out for a bit over 2 years (at least 5 times a week) and it has produced some nice results. I'm nowhere near where I want to be, but I'll get there. Keep in mind how long it took to put the weight on, and understand that its going to take probably just as long to get it back off. Also keep in mind that crash and crazy diets don't work. Nor to all of the fat burning pills, and tonics out there. The only real way to get weight off and keep it there is through hard work.

There are other threads on this topic that are getting a bit dusty. We should clean them off and keep them alive. In one of them (title is escaping me right now) are some great motivational stories.

Keep up the hard work, and make a healthy lifestyle part if your life. *hugs and crinkles*

I haven't stepped on a scale in ages, but I know I have dropped a good 20-30lbs since I started stacking hay again, plus stacking hay adds a lot of fiber to your diet. :P

I have been wearing attends diapers for 25 plus years, size mediums. A few years after I got married I noticed that the bottum tape almost didn't fit on the diaper anymore. There were other indicators that I had put on some weight, but that one fits most closely with this group. I decided to do it right, I jioned weight watchers and started a workout program. I lost 60 lbs in one year and gained back a lot of muscle I once had. I still fit the attends medium, but they look alot nicer on me now them they did a few years ago!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bokeh View Post
    I did, for about a week but I have thee children under the age of 3 so it didn't last too long. I probably should start back up because in that time I lost about 8 lbs. although that might have all been water weight.

I have almost an entire wardrobe of nice clothes that I don't fit in and I'd love to be able to get back in them again. I'm 170 now but only 4 years ago I was a mere 120. If I could get back down to that size I might be able to fit in some small sized diapers which would also save me money.
    It's never too early to start getting back into shape. Do it for your kids. My dad kicked off when I was just 22. Not a cool thing to have to go thru. Take care of youself, brother.

I did the same thing a year ago. That's how I went from a 40" waist to a 32" waist in 2-3 weeks. Right now, I'm stuck at 33"

Quote Originally Posted by Bokeh View Post

3 kids under 3 y.o.? You get a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanine96 View Post
    I did the same thing a year ago. That's how I went from a 40" waist to a 32" waist in 2-3 weeks.
    What? How?

Quote Originally Posted by Locutus2k View Post
    I've been working out for a bit over 2 years (at least 5 times a week) and it has produced some nice results. I'm nowhere near where I want to be, but I'll get there. Keep in mind how long it took to put the weight on, and understand that its going to take probably just as long to get it back off. Also keep in mind that crash and crazy diets don't work. Nor to all of the fat burning pills, and tonics out there. The only real way to get weight off and keep it there is through hard work.

There are other threads on this topic that are getting a bit dusty. We should clean them off and keep them alive. In one of them (title is escaping me right now) are some great motivational stories.

Keep up the hard work, and make a healthy lifestyle part if your life. *hugs and crinkles*
    Thanks for the encouragement! I'm thinking it's about time for me to get back into martial arts...