Thread: Newbee saying hello

Default Newbee saying hello

Hello everyone,

I feel like I am about to leave a pefectly good airplane and begin a rather scary parachute jump, kind of scary but in a nice way. I am a postman at present, all early starts and usually early finishes. I suffer from mild Asperger's syndrome, a mild form of Autism. It means I can be obsessive, a bit blunt at times, quite boring and generally vauge ( bordering on surreal some days). The troube is I never know when I am doing this so please feel free to tell me if I am exhibiting any of the traits listed. I will never take offence and it saves reams of written tosh.

I got into wearing nappies about 4 years ago, I honestly have no real recollection of why I felt the need to wear one, just seemed like a good idea I guess. Once I'd decided to try however the feelings of security and peace I felt.....well I hope you all know what I mean.

I used to be very sporty, I played lots of different games, ran two or three times a week, loved long distance cycle rides ( I used to cover about 80 - 90 miles a day) but that all had to stop when I "popped" a hamstring a couple of years ago. Since then I have had days when even walking has been difficult but things seem to be settled now. I cannot run and have been advised I never will again so I have had to find more sedate persuits.

Luckily I have been a lifelong crossdresser so at least I had a hobby to keep me busy. I play online computer games a lot, I try to keep up to date with my "myspace" page (I get a bit lazy with this) and generally enjoy a quiet life really. Musically I haven't the passion I once had but I still like my old punk stuff, blues, cheesy 70's pop and post 90's electronic dance music. In the DVD world I like comedies, sci-fi, most things with Emma Thompson in and most everything but horror really, I'd say rom-coms are my favourite though, Runaway Bride, Legally Blonde and Shallow Hal being particular favs.

I found this site one rainy day when I was trawling the web, I am already a member at sissykiss and I thought it would be nice to broaden my contact with the AB/DL world. I tend to be a bit "full on" with things and can then leave them alone for ages at a time so if I dissappear for a while that is because I will be off doing other things, I will return but it just sometimes takes me a while. I hope I haven't bored everyone half to death, if I have I sincerly apologise, I can be like that.

That's about all for now, love and hugs, petticoats XXX

Quote Originally Posted by petticoats View Post
    Hello everyone,

I feel like I am about to leave a pefectly good airplane and begin a rather scary parachute jump, kind of scary but in a nice way. I am a postman at present, all early starts and usually early finishes. I suffer from mild Asperger's syndrome, a mild form of Autism. It means I can be obsessive, a bit blunt at times, quite boring and generally vauge ( bordering on surreal some days). The troube is I never know when I am doing this so please feel free to tell me if I am exhibiting any of the traits listed. I will never take offence and it saves reams of written tosh.

I got into wearing nappies about 4 years ago, I honestly have no real recollection of why I felt the need to wear one, just seemed like a good idea I guess. Once I'd decided to try however the feelings of security and peace I felt.....well I hope you all know what I mean.
    Welcome to ADISC and great intro! I think you will enjoy it here. I've been here less than 2 months myself, and I'm hooked!

Yes... we definitely know what you mean by the feeling of security and peace when in a diaper. It's a feeling that only a real AB/DL knows, and a feeling that I don't think anyone else will ever really understand.

Also, you don't need to worry about your austism issues on ADISC. There are several members here that have a least mild forms of autism, and a least a couple that have been diagnosed with Asperger's. In fact, I was once tested for Asperger's and the doctor said that while I presented with many of the 'symptoms' of Asperger's, I didn't quite have enough for a diagnosis. He even thought that I may actually have it, but since I didn't get checked until I was an adult that I may have just learned how to mask it really well by watching others.

We actually have a thread here you'd probably be interested in where several of us were musing on whether there could be a like between autism/asperger's and AB/DL issues. I'll try to find that thread for you and come back here and post a link to it.

Anyway welcome, and jump in and have fun!

---------- Post added at 08:34 ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 ----------

Ok... I found the the thread. The link is at the bottom of this post. It didn't start out as a discussion about Asperger's but because the original poster(OP) mentioned he has it, then we started discussing it. I hope it helps you at least a little, if for nothing else than to help you know that you're definitely not alone!

Also, believe it or not, when I did a search for the word asperger to try and find the thread, it came back with 147 threads going all the way back to 2008 in which Asperger's was mentioned! Wow... I didn't even realize there were that many! I may go back and read some more of them myself.

http://www.adisc.org/forum/adult-bab...-cynical.html?