Thread: Thinking about a new laptop & scanner

Default Thinking about a new laptop & scanner

So I'm thinking about getting a new laptop along with a flat screen desk monitor. Granted not anytime soon.
    But I was wondering What Would be good for running High graphic intense games such as Front line rule of war, WOW, And a few others.
    Also I want It to have wireless, Microphone and the photo port.

Now The scanner I am going to be getting at the end of next month.
    Must be able to scan.
    11"X14" paper. and In high DPI (think thats the name for it.)

I recommend the Dell XPS series laptops as well as a Dell Ultrasharp flat panel. That should be all you need to handle all the "high graphics intense games" you speak of (CoD4 included ).

Also; I'd recommend an HP scanner/printer combo. We had one of those in our ROTC program at school, she was a breeze to set up, drivers work with Linux, windows, and OS X, and the quality was great.

DannyTheNinja

Quote Originally Posted by vincentthethird View Post
    What Would be good for running High graphic intense games such as Front line rule of war, WOW, And a few others.
    If you're going for really good performance and you aren't worried a whole lot about the cost of it or your battery life, get an Alienware laptop. They turn heads and play games pretty well. If you don't have the budget for an Alienware, go for one of the cheaper Dell XPS laptops.

Quote Originally Posted by vincentthethird View Post
    Also I want It to have wireless, Microphone and the photo port.
    Assuming the "photo port" just means a USB port, all of those features are standard on laptops today. You'll be hard pressed to find a laptop without WiFi, a mic jack, or a USB port. Heck, even the MacBook Air has two out of three of those.

I'm not too good with scanners so I can't really recommend a specific model to you, but I have a Canon flatbed scanner (several years old) that still works great. I think 4800dpi is the standard for high resolution scanning these days, but don't quote me on that and take it with a grain of salt. I'm not real sure of that number.

--Danny

Heck, even the MacBook Air has two out of three of those.
    Well played

Alienwares are... well, crap. They're hardware quality is really poor (coming from 2006 -- desktops ; opinion), from what I've come to notice as well as experience (footnote: Naval ROTC Aircraft Carrier trip). They're... well, ugly, bulky, and really expensive (similar, to yes, I'm gonna say it, Apple. A lot of what you pay for is the brand name alone, IMO).
    Last edited by mm3; 27-Jul-2008 at 11:55.