Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with bambinos?

Default Help with bambinos?

Ok so for pretty much ever i have been wearing ABUs Cushies and im just really tired of how much they leak, there not thick enough, and they cant hold much. So im going to buy some bambinos, i have never wore or bought them before. I see them constantly out of mediums, so i was wondering if the larges would fit a 32 inch waist and how well would they snug? thanks for any comments or help.

I am about a 32 inch waist and Mediums are a perfect fit. I would not recommend using the large and if you do order a sample first.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    I am about a 32 inch waist and Mediums are a perfect fit. I would not recommend using the large and if you do order a sample first.
    I was going to get teddys, but sadly there out of mediums. So i dont know if i should buy large or get medium classicos.

crazykittensmile

Quote Originally Posted by BabyJoshy View Post
    I was going to get teddys, but sadly there out of mediums. So i dont know if i should buy large or get medium classicos.
    I would not buy the large teddies, they will likely be far too big for you and as such will not perform well. On top of that, in my experience the Medium Classicos are far superior diapers to the Bambino Teddies. There is not supposed to be a lot of difference between the two, but I find the Teddies do not fit as well as the Classicos and seem to leak way before they reach capacity, which is not a problem I have found with the Classicos. The Teddies are very cute, but beyond that they are not as good as the Classicos, in my experience at least. I would recommend that you get the Medium Classicos - if you have a 32inch waist then they are the right size for you and they are a generally better diaper anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by babyjess View Post
    I would not buy the large teddies, they will likely be far too big for you and as such will not perform well. On top of that, in my experience the Medium Classicos are far superior diapers to the Bambino Teddies. There is not supposed to be a lot of difference between the two, but I find the Teddies do not fit as well as the Classicos and seem to leak way before they reach capacity, which is not a problem I have found with the Classicos. The Teddies are very cute, but beyond that they are not as good as the Classicos, in my experience at least. I would recommend that you get the Medium Classicos - if you have a 32inch waist then they are the right size for you and they are a generally better diaper anyway.
    thank you so much, this is the help i was looking for ^^

also, don't use the cushies (leakies) to compare padding to capacity. Their padding rates around a 4-5 but their absorption performs around a 2-3. Bambino and abena 4's for example will be a 4-5 for thickness AND capacity.

There's not a ton of difference between the teddy and bianco now so it really doesn't matter much for you. Enjoy your bambinos!

You can also get a secure x-plus, which is basically a bambino diaper without the prints.. they are all basically identical now.

but for a 32" waist, you definitely want a medium. I am a 34", and i swim in a large, just doesn't work. The medium fits like a glove (like the one i am wearing right now), and it's so comfortable, and does pretty good on that absorbing thing too. beats the wet ass out of a cushie for absorbency.

So cushies are really that bad for absorbency compared to bambino?

Quote Originally Posted by trevorboy69 View Post
    So cushies are really that bad for absorbency compared to bambino?
    ABU's cushies and drykids are the same diaper with different pattern on the front. They are thick, but their shape doesn't fit to the body as well, and they've decided to go with a single tape, which makes them terribly prone to leaking. There's just no physical way to tape yourself up that won't leak. They wanted the diaper to be more babyish like baby diapers have single tapes, but they sacrificed function for form.

I'm a 32" waist. About 155 lbs. Medium Bambinos are great and they don't leak.